Swims

I pulled away from the kiss. I mean, Oliver is my crush, but I can't kiss him in front of Kendall. It feels wrong. I smiled at him and then pretended it didn't happen. 'This is for me?' Maybe that wasn't the right question. Now it sounds as if I'm ignorant and self absorbed. Maybe I'm overthinking. Defs.

'Totally.' Oliver tugged at his shirt and then awkwardly stood back.

All my friends were there, and some of my cousins. I embraced them all, taking in their strong scents; some good, some bad. I was laughing at all their jokes and feasting on the good food.

There was chips. Heaps of chips! I love chips. I was eating so much, I screamed at one of my cousins for eating a chip. We laughed it off, but I was dead serious about the chips. Are you that person at parties that eats so much while everyone else talks?

That's me.

I walked over to my friends, who all greeted me with hugs. As I was drinking some punch, I noticed two people walking over to me. I almost spit my drink. It was my parents. Holding hands. Waving vigorously to me.

My face got red. 'Mum, dad what are you going here?'

'Why, we've come to bust some moves. Party.' He started dancing embarrassingly, making me facepalm. But why not? I had a few hours to live. I started dancing with my dad whilst someone put music on in the background. Everyone was whooping.

After the dancing me, my friends and Oliver walked down to the pond. Oliver, Kendall, Anabel and Maury went to go find something or a game to play, whilst me and Tania talked to each other next to the pond. It was beautiful, the water was a few metres wide and ran down all the way down this park. The water was calm and clear.

'So I told him that I liked him and he was like me too.' Tania babbled on,

'Tania, you're overreacting. Go for it.' I was so distracted by the water. Daydreaming. Yay. I checked my phone. It was 1PM, four more hours. Wow.

I looked at her smiling face full of life.

But then...she giggled, and it was too late when Oliver fell in the pond and pulled me with him.

The water was cold but at the same time it was warm. I pulled Oliver's shirt as I was swimming to the surface. I looked down at my drenched clothes. Damn. Never mind. I laughed with Oliver, who's hand was on my back, supporting me so I don't drown.

I looked back. The rest of the girls were jumping in the pond, which was actually pretty deep seeing as my feet couldn't find the ground, in their clothes. My cousins joined in, throwing a beach ball around with my parents. Who also jumped in. My dad took off his shirt before he jumped, exposing all his tattoos. I buried my face in Oliver's shoulder.

Oliver was comfortable, and I was really glad I kissed him. Sad I couldn't go on a date with him. Maybe I could do a one hour date. That would be pretty fast and funny.

I looked up at Oliver's face, which was centimetres away. My arms wrap around his neck and I move his hair from his eyes. I smiled sheepishly, and Oliver smiled. Then we leaned in, the butterflies fluttering everywhere.

As I was about to kiss him, a large 'bom' sound erupted near me. The ball my cousins were throwing around landed on Oliver's head. Well, more like thrown regarding the look on my dads face.

'Whoops, must've thrown it backwards.' He said without a regret.

'No problem, Sam.' Oliver shouted back.

'Mr Tribbiani.'

'Sorry.'

I buried my head in Oliver's shoulder then looked up as he started to speak. 'Now, where were we?'