The Fight

I had my head in my hands, sobbing. I tried to be as quiet as possible, but then the door swung open. It was probably dad, he must be heard me. I don't want to explain to him. What do I say, anyway? dad my friend that I've been chatting with on email has died?

I looked up. It wasn't my dad. It was Kendall. In her ripped black jeans, and her AC/DC shirt, she peered at me through her sunglasses. Her heels hit the floor and she crouched down next to me. 'Emily,' she whispered, tucking my hair behind my ear, 'what's wrong?'

I wiped away another tear spilling down my cheek, and opened up. I told her all about the mad hatter, and how he passed, and yet again, I started sobbing. When I told her this, she released her hands off my shoulders, and stood up.
Her thumb was in her mouth, she was deeply thinking. I wish I knew what she was thinking.

'Kendall, I'm really upset about this.' I blurted out.

'I know.' She replied coldly, and then sat on my blue bed. 'Emily, I need to tell you something. But you cannot get mad.'

'What is it?'

'Don't get mad at me,' I peered in closer, anxiously waiting for what she had to say. 'You've been joked around with Em, and I don't like it.' Confusion spread through me faster than anger or sadness. What does she mean, joked around with?

'What is that supposed to mean?' I eyes her suspiciously, not wanting another answer like this.

'This guy, didn't die. He was kidding, he was delusional. By what you've said, he was probably on drugs. Look Em-'

'What?! He was not on drugs! This guy was opening up to me! His could you say that Kendall!? Gosh I can't been believe you said that!' I stood up, my hands in my hair. I leaned against the door frame, my back meeting the white door.

'Emily, I'm not kidding. You don't even know this guy! He could be wanting you to do something terrible for him. Emily I can't believe you would think I'm lying to you!'

'Then why would you say that, Kendall?' My voice was quiet, and I was on the verge to break out again.

'Because I care. A lot.'

'Exactly, you're my best friend, but I don't understand why.'

'We are not just best friends Em.' Kendall came closer to me, and placed her hand behind my ear, he thumb in front of it. Her face was ten centimetres away, and I was getting nervous as to what would happen. Then, she came closer, and I realised.

'Kendall, I'm sorry, I don't fell this way.' I escaped from her hands and closeness.

'Oh- um, I'll be in the car. Come along.' Her eyes looked at the ground, and she walked out of the room. I stood there, thinking about the kiss that would've been.

In the car, I went into deep thought. The girls around me were happy, but I felt coldness from Kendall. She felt some way towards me. Was this a one off thing, or was this something she would be feeling tomorrow? I think back to the kiss I had a few hours ago. She would've been sad. Jealous. Angry. I shook my head, placing my head in my leaning hand.

I looked in the rearview mirror, meeting Kendall's eyes. They were distorted, fuzzy, sparkly. She looked away almost immediately.