'You are getting outta here!'

Tears were starting to stop rolling down my cheek. My face was wet and sticky, and my eyes were like dolls eyes, glassy and full of unknown feeling. 30 hours. 30 hours. It took me one hour to sink it all in, making it 29 hours. I just had a good day yesterday, hanging out with my family, roasting marshmallows outside our home, but now, I'm really believing all the one day good one day bad quotes. I've had cancer for almost 3 years. A very difficult journey.

Friends, family, strangers. They live and live and live. I live and I am about to have 'lived'. Tomorrow, on the 11 March, 2016, will be the last day and my final hours. This thought made me cry harder. I stared outside my window from the hospital bed, now thinking of how beautiful of a day it is. My mum went down the hall to get some snacks and request permission for me to get out of the hospital.

Death. What is death. Is it really the sort of dying we think it is? Going to heaven, surrounded by luxury, or going to hell, being in pain? I've put thought into this, and what if we aren't dead? What if we've lost our bodies, but we have the ability to float around and watch people but not eat and do anything we would do with our human bodies? People around the world have thought about this theory, but theirs is a little different to mine. People have stated that you are a rock form, then an animal, then a human, and when you die, you float around, waiting to possess someone else's body. Something along the lines of that.

Am I ready for death? Am I ready for the cloaked creature to take me away from the life I've known and take me to a known unknown place?

When I heard the door click, interrupting my deep thinking, I was surprised it wasn't her, why was Maury, my best friend here?

'Maury?' My voice croaked.

'Emily!' She ran over to me, embracing me, hugging me so tight. A final goodbye.

'Look, I'm sorry. I don't want to be sympathetic to you right now because I don't want you to be all sad, aight?'

'Maury why are you here? Are you here to say goodbye?'

'NO! No! Never. I will never say goodbye. It's just that uh...' Her eyes rolled around in their sockets, making the atmosphere around her nervous.

'What?' I whispered back, hope rising up in me like a wildfire.

'We have something to do.'

'Like what?'

'Go out. Explore.' Is she crazy? Exploring? Let's just go with Dora and Diego, hell, let's just take Bear Grylls.

'No, I can't leave.' I protested, tempted to cross my arms over my chest.

'Oh! We'll be back before you know it, sorta. It's just I don't want you eating here, waiting, I want you to fulfil everything you've ever wanted to do!' Her eyes glittered with excitement. Typical Cheeseball

'What?' I knew what she meant, I just wasn't quite processing it.

'Just grab your bucket list, you are getting out of here!'