e l e v e n

Two Months Later

Xora.

I giggled into the phone as I got dressed and finger combed my hair and allowed it to hang freely

"Bye Zeek." I said with a playful eyeroll before hanging up the phone.

I was still occupying my own living space, but that seemed to make the relationship that Zeek and I had even better. It took me back to the days before we lived together which happened to be our best days.

I made sure he knew where we stood. I needed a break from him, but I did love him still and I knew he loved me. And distance was proving that.

"Kai, baby your ready to go see auntie Ree?" I asked as I stepped into my sneakers, grabbed my keys, wallet and headed out of my room. Kai was sitting on the couch rummaging through a box of lucky charms pulling out all of the marshmallows and I put my hand on my hip. "Really, Kai? You aren't the only one who eats those."
"'Mommy you took forever!" He exclaimed as if that made a difference.
"Whatever boy. Let's go. Grab your bag."

I checked the time as I pulled up in front of Cherise's house. She and her daughter were taking advantage of the hot summer day buy tossing water balloons back and forth at eachother.
"You guys seem to be having fun." I said as we walked through the grass to where they were.
"Hey girl." Cherise greeted partially out of breath. "Come on Kai baby since mommy is going to the gym without me." She said playfully rolling her eyes.

"Oh whatever." I laughed. "I promise the kids are all mine when I get back. You can go wherever you'd like."

After being playfully dismissed, I hopped back into my car and made my way to LA Fitness. I was already running late.

Upon entering, I was hit with a whiff of cool air that I appreciated before I scanned the vicinity. I smiled a bit before heading toward the treadmills and hopping up on one, setting it and beginning a slight job.

"Look who finally made it." I heard from beside me, but I only kept running and trying to hide my giggles for being late. I was supposed to meet him an hour ago. His long slender fingers moved from his space to the keypad on my treadmill and I suddenly felt my body jerk and my legs moving faster and faster under me.

"Oh my God!" I squealed jumping off to the best of my ability while he laughed. "Why must you play, Ant?" I whined, slightly embarrassed.
"Why must you be late?" He retorted. "So you could match your top with your sneakers?" He laughed and I rolled my eyes.

Stepping toward me, he wrapped his long arms around me, still smelling like the axe body wash he wore even through the sweat spilling from his pores. "Hey ma."