t e n

Anthony Young

I awoke to complete darkness and the sound of light breathing beside me. It didn't take me long to realize that I was still lying in bed with Xora hours later. I wasn't complaining though.

Her chocolate skin against the light pink sheets with her plump ass fully exposed had me ready to get right back in, but I decided against it. I wasn't sure how long we had slept, and truthfully, I was in no rush to leave the cozy bed to go sleep In my car. I lifted my head a bit to locate my clothes that were sprawled all over the floor, then plopped right back down against the pillow.

I took the time to take in Xora's features. She was gorgeous, and I picked up good vibes from her. I just felt bad that she was going through the things she was going through. I was convinced she wasn't telling me everything, but the few stories she did tell me were bad enough.

I found myself staring into space thinking about my own life and issues. About how I was about to start a new summer job and receive checks that wouldn't get hit with child support. How I was finally about to be able to get a new apartment and work on getting my baby back. I could kill Cherise, but I would just hit her where it hurt.

Before I knew it, another hour has passed and Xora was shifting in the bed, wrapping herself in the thin sheet before looking up at me.
"Hey." She smiled. "What you thinking about?"

I looked down at her and smiled back.

"Hey." I said back. "I didn't want to dip out on you while you were sleep like a booty call." I laughed slightly.
"No it's cool. I'm glad you stayed." She said shyly. "You hungry?"

I paused a bit before responding. "Yeah, just let me run to my car and grab my tooth brush."
"You keep your toothbrush in your car?" She chuckled a bit and I simply nodded as we both stood. Her wrapped in the sheet while I embraced my nudity before slipping on my boxers and clothes.

"I can't believe we slept so long. A whole day away." She chuckled a bit as she stood at the stove stirring squash, zucchini, and onions for whatever it was that she was preparing.

"I know right. It was worth it though."

"I'm glad you think so." She flirted, looking at me from over her shoulder. "I hope you don't have a girlfriend waiting for you at home or something."

"Nah." I answered matter of factly.

"So you're single?" she wondered and I chuckled a bit. 

"Yes, Xora. I'm single." 

"What?" She laughed turning her head toward me. "If you weren't so mysterious I wouldn't have to pry."

"I never knew I was mysterious." I chuckled again. 

"Well you should tell me a little about yourself." she suggested as she pulled steak out of the oven, sitting it on the counter to rest. 

"Why should I do that?" I smirked and I could tell she rolled her eyes before smirking as well. "I'm pretty boring."