f o u r

Xora.

"We aren't all bad. Zeek isn't all bad. I never want to give you the impression that he does no good. He is a completely selfless person and before things began to go sour, we had the best relationship. I have faith that he'll get back to that." I explained to Cherise through the phone that sat on speaker phone on the green marble bathroom counter as I lotioned my long slender legs. At only five feet two inches, my small torso created the taller illusion that I appreciated.

It was only five in the morning and I wasn't sure why she wanted to talk now when I'd be seeing her in a few hours anyway, but if she needed it, I wouldn't turn her away. She told me that her daughter woke up in the middle of the night crying for her father again and it broke my heart, so I could only imagine what it had done for her.

"Okay, girl" she slightly chuckled and I knew that tone instantly. She thought I was a damn fool. "So are you ready to tell me why you really cancelled on our girl's night a few weeks ago and Kai had to stay over, or are you still sticking with your "the rain made you tired" story?" She asked and I unintentionally smiled at my reflection in the mirror remembering that wonderful, much needed one night stand. My vagina tingled at just the thought and I had to force my way back to reality. Clearing my throat, I opened my mouth to let a better like fall out.
"Seriously, girl I had to break up a high school fight at that damn game. Those girls are crazy." I told her semi-lying. There was a fight that was taking place close to me, and I did break them apart slightly to walk through and get out the building to my car. "My body was no good after than, and combined with the rain girl I couldn't." I was surprised at how easily the words fell from my freshly moisturized lips. 

She seemed to accept that story a little more and I mentally sighed of relief as I proceeded with the rest of my morning routine. We talked the whole time we got ready up until we headed out the door and into the building where we met. She didn't look too upset, with her face beat to the T, but she always seemed to be able to hide her emotions well. 

It was an unusually warm day for it to be November, so I took my students outside to do some outdoor learning. As an elementary school teacher, it's important to find ways to adhere to the attention spans of ten year olds and my own attention was drifting inappropriately to all of the these I should've done to Mr. Clark being as though I'd never get to experience that dick again, but then it took me to how amazing sex with Zeek was after fucking him. 

Zeek. I thought and finally began to feel guilty. Not for cheating, but because my one night stand was clouding my thought process even in my work space. "Zeek, you really have to get it together baby." I said to myself as I rounded up my class to head back inside the building.

Ezekial

There are moments when I don't give a fuck about some of the things I don't and convince myself that Zo brought my creeping out of me, but there are other moments when I really sit and realize how fucked up of a person I've been to her and to treat my son's mother that way is beyond disrespectful. Immediately, I shot her a text telling her how much I love her and how I'm going to do everything in my power to get us back to how we were, and I meant that. She was my rock, and even after everything I put her through, she still stuck around and was there for me through it all. There was no way I could let someone like her go. 

I couldn't get wait to get home from this double shift to see my family. I had been here since seven this morning and wouldn't get off until eleven thirty tonight, but the pay would be more than worth it, and my day off tomorrow would be dedicated solely to my family. 

As I was doing a bit of reflecting while I did my rounds around the hospital I was a mental health technician at, I got a call from my older sister Natalie's job. I knew it must be important so I made my way to the bathroom to answer the call. Li-Li was four years older than me and the mother of my only nephew, Aaron, who grew up like another son to me before his step father came into the picture. "Hello?" I greeted as I took the opportunity to actually use the bathroom since I was there.