t w e n t y f i v e

Anthony.

To say I was fuming would be an understatement. I hadn't even known about my child for a whole twenty four hours yet and Xora was already putting her in danger.

"They came here starting with-" She began once she noticed that my anger was preventing me from speaking.

"Shut up." I demanded and walked into the room that both our kids occupied to make sure the foolishness that had taken place hadn't woken them.

To my surprise, they were sound asleep. I was sure that my daughter would've been the first one up. She hated commotion and was a light sleeper.

The talking and banging of the door to Xora's apartment had finally stopped and I knew the hood rats had finally left.

I followed Zo to her bedroom and shut the door behind me watching her plop down onto the sheets we had just messed up.

"You really can't be mad at me, Anthony." She told me as I continued to ignore her until I hit the light and got comfortable behind him in the queen sized bed, wrapping my arm around her waist and letting my breath tickle her ear as I spoke.

"And why can't I?" I asked and to my surprise she had nothing to say. "Hmm? Now what if something would've happened and they stomped you in your stomach or something because you wanted to prove a point that you're bad? They don't have shit to do with this one." I reminded, rubbing circles around her belly and could feel her smiling against my cheek before it faded and she turned to face me.

Even in the dark I could see the worry on her face. "What's wrong?"

"I just don't want you to feel obligated to be with me or make something work because of the baby."

"Stop it. You know we were already together in our heads." I assured pecking her cheek. "I just let Cherise get in my head but that's over with."

"So what happened with her? I know that's where you went." She hummed, sleepiness laced in her voice.

"She shouldn't be a problem. And if she is, I'll handle it again."

"You scare me." she mumbled shortly after, but woke up when I moved my head back to look at her intently.

"No, not like that." She cleared up instantly rubbing the skin of my bare arms. "I just mean." She paused, diverting her eyes from my face to the tank top that clung to my skin. "I don't know. You just seem to good to be true." She confessed and I chuckled.

"Just don't think too much into this. You had me before this, so just keep doing what you've been doing. I'm not going anywhere." He assured as he continued to dub circles over my belly

I mentally sighed of relief and let all of my worries go. Ezekiel and his family were the last of my worried along with Ava and Cherise. Anthony was right. They had nothing to do with where we were in our lives and I was happy to be having a fresh start with him.

•••

Blurred vision and silenced consumed me as I jogged down the creaky hardwood stairs, looking behind me every few seconds to make sure his voice or his foot steps didn't trail behind me.

It was funny, just two days ago I sat firmly in his lap while he whispered in my ear everything he saw in our future. He had asked me to marry him again, and I contemplated saying yes, again. Once he got a new ring, but that aspiration was short lived. So I knew the new baby he wanted was definitely out.

Our good moments never seemed to last anymore. And I wasn't sure why I expected the argument about the joint bank account to be something we could talk about like normal couples. Normal adults rather.