t w e n t y f o u r

Cherise.

My stomach knotted as a knock echoed into my house. I couldn't believe I was getting those girlish high school crush feelings again for Anthony, but then again it was obvious.

He was an amazing man, an amazing father, sweet, handsome and everything any woman would want in a man. How in the hell I let him go once before, I couldn't tell you. But I would never allow him to slip through my fingers again.

Looking out of the peep whole and noticing that Rocky wasn't with him, I decided against closing the royal blue silk robe I wore. I left my black bra and panty set exposed and watched his eyes dance around my curvy figure once I opened the door.

He seemed to only be distracted for a millisecond before he barged in and slammed the door behind him. "What the fuck is wrong with you?"

"What are you-"

"You do realize I'm in those pictures too right?" He asked calmly and I found myself blinking repeatedly as I stared up at him. 

"Well, it didn't really matter because I blurred you out or whatever so-"

"Here you go missing the god damn point, Cherise." He huffed, saying my name in a powerful tone that I didn't care too much for. "Why would you do that to that girl and make her lose her job? Why is shit always so extreme with you?" He asked, letting his voice level up a few octanes unknowingly. 

"Why are you always taking up for her?" I wondered, letting tears stain the brim of my eyes. why was it so hard for him to see that I was just trying to get us back to where we were and she was just in the way.

"She didn't know anything about you and I when we met. Do you think I bring you up by name to every fucking woman I meet?" He asked with a slight chuckle. "And from what I was told, you didn't mention me either. I was just your aint shit ass baby dad who did you so wrong, remember? I wasn't Anthony Young.  You forget that you were playing this whole little game with every fucking body making me out to the reason for your insanity?" He continued while rubbing his temples with both hands.

I could tell he was getting upset.

"Babe. I'm sorry. I keep telling you that and I keep trying to get you to see that I'm not there anymore. What do I have to-"

"Stop! What the-" he began before taking a deep breath and licking his bottom lip. "Come here baby let me talk to you." He said softly taking my hand into his and leading me to the couch.

A smile finally graced my face. Finally he was ready to let it all go and get us back to where we were before all the bullshit. He and I were so good together and I couldn't wait to be there with him again. I didn't mind that he wasn't a doctor or that he didn't possess the qualities I thought I wanted in a man. I had gotten too comfortable with him and wanted more, not realizing I had everything I needed already. 

"So here's the thing." He mumbled, running his fingertips up my exposed thigh. "I did fuck Xora." he admitted. Her name alone put a bad taste in my mouth.

I was never trying to get her fired. But her job had nothing to do with me. Next time she'd know to be more careful. That was her own fault. 

"I did. But the gag is I didn't just fuck her." He assured, continuing to stroke my skin and look deep into my eyes. "I actually like her. And contrary to what you may believe, I still like her. And it sucks that you got her fired. But it only sucks for you and your school for losing an amazing teacher. She's good though, because I can take care of her the way you didn't want me to take care of you. Remember that?" He asked and I quickly stood only for him to pull me back down, only into his lap this time.