24*Columbia*

The next week passes by rather quickly. We settle into our new place after our furniture comes in. I've never felt so at home than when I walk through the door into this apartment. Everything about our living quarters screams Walt and Evan. More and more every day, the feeling of happiness consumes me. I've never been this elated before. 

Not to mention the sex. We haven't slowed down any. You would think we were trying to repopulate the planet - if that were possible.  

Not only was I happy with just the place and my man, but my parents have started getting used to me being gone as well; even if there are conditions. 

We agreed with my mom the other day that we would come over once a week for a family dinner. So every Thursday, Evan and I venture to my family's house to eat with my parents, my brother, and Tabby.  

My twin's girlfriend has pretty much becomes a permanent fixture in the house. More often than not, she spends the night with Donald. I think my old room has most of her clothes in it now. 

School passes with almost no effort. Brad has taken to section leader faster than we thought he would. He's also become a pretty good friend of ours. Though he is straight himself, he told us that he has an aunt that's a lesbian. She lives in New York City and he likes to stay with her when he can.  

Now it's Thursday evening and we're getting ready to go to my parents' for dinner. Except that, Evan was late coming home and he's running behind. We're supposed to be there in ten minutes. 

"Got everything, Stud? We have to get going; we're gonna be late," I yell though the apartment as I grab my keys off the breakfast bar. 

Taking a step out of the bathroom, my man has a toothbrush hanging out of his mouth. "Almost ready," is what I think he says before disappearing again.  

"I have your phone. I'll meet you in the car," I tell him as I walk out to the parking lot.  

I see him shrugging on his jacket as he walks down the steps as I start the engine. He gets in and I pull out as he pulls on his seatbelt. He takes his phone out of the cup holder where I had set it and puts it in his pocket. 

"What took you so long?" I ask as we make our way down the road. 

"Well, for my free period I went to the studio because we had some people come in today to put together the darkroom. I had to make sure they were setting everything up correctly," he explains. "Then I was late for soccer practice because the one guy was putting in one of the tanks and he spilt developer everywhere. Do not ask me why he filled the tank before trying to hang on the wall. The guy was a complete idiot." 

"You were late for practice?" 

"Yea and Coach got pissed. He made me stay after to run a few drills for the time that I missed," my man confesses. "Then just as I was about to leave, Coach comes into the locker room and tells me that there was a scout at our last game that wanted to talk to me about a scholarship." 

"A scholarship to where?" I have to wonder if it's anywhere worth the effort. 

"Columbia," he answers nonchalantly. 

"And what did you say?" 

"I told him that I wasn't interested. I told you I would go to a local community college, but I don't think going to an actual University is a good idea on the first year that I'm opening a business," the most ridiculous thing about this whole conversation is that Evan doesn't think that it's important. I feel like my head is going to explode any second from his stupidity. 

"Evan, that's a 20 minute drive. It's local. Why in the hell would you turn it down?" 

"I just told you," he's starting to get mad I can see it in his face as I peek at him.