1*Not Yet But I Wanna Be*

Dedicated to MaddyRawr10 because her story 'Frustration' is what made me want to start writing this story.

"GO DONALD!!" Mom yells, hands up around her mouth, at my twin as he dribbles the soccer ball down the field.

"That's our soccer stud!" Dad calls loudly rocking his fists in the air.

"COME ON, DON, KICK THEIR ASSES!" I shout, earning 'the look' from mom.

"Walter, I know you're excited, sweetheart, but that's no reason to cuss. This is a family event. You don't want the kids to hear your potty mouth, do you?" She asks with 'the look' standing strong. My mom's a nurse at a pediatrics' office. I swear sometimes, I think she brings her nurse persona home.

"No, Mom. Sorry," I mumble, tuning back to the game, and regaining my enthusiasm.

The score is 3-3 and there's only a few minutes left. Don has the ball as he moves down the field to the goal. He's a forward and pretty far ahead of everyone else trying to get the last goal in. He gets to the end of the field standing in front of the goalie poised to kick. As he brings his foot forward to smash the ball into the net, the goal keeper leaps. Blocking the point with his fingertips, the ball is pushed back to the field. As the ball lands on the grass, Evan, the other forward on the team, comes up the side and kicks it back just before the referee blows the whistle. Everyone is silent as the ball flies. The goalie jumps up to block it once again, but barely misses it as it barrels into the net behind him. The standstill becomes a frenzy as my brother's team wins the game. The players start laughing, jumping, and hugging each other. The spectators scream, whistle, and cheer along.

Don runs over to where we're standing on the sideline. He hugs mom, then gives dad and me a high five.

My family is pretty close knit. My parents and I always come to my twin brother's games to cheer him on. That is, when dad doesn't have a shoot to go on. He usually tries to move them around so he can at least show up for a little while. I'm sure if I played a sport they would all be in the stands for me too. They always show up for my jazz concerts. Don's 'the star' of the team and there's no one in the world with as much support as him.

"Hey fam," he shouts out of excitement.

The other forward walks up behind him. "Great game, right?" Evan says giving all of us high fives. His eyes seem to settle on mine a few seconds longer than usual, making my cheeks burn as I look away.

I don't blush too often, but Evan's so handsome I wanna tackle him right here.

Everyone knows I'm gay. I've pretty much been out of the closet since I could talk. Even when I did actually confess to everyone, they had already expected it. I don't really 'act gay' or anything. I was just never interested in girls.

My coming out story is really lame though. It went like this:

~~

We were sitting at the dining room table talking when I said, "Mom, Dad, Don, I'm gay."

"That's nice, dear. Did you do well on your spelling test?" My mom didn't even skip a beat.

I looked around the table and everyone was just eating dinner as if I had just told them that I enjoyed the steak. No expression, no shock, no anything.

~~

That was it. Nothing was said about it after that.

"That was a wonderful game, pumpkin," Mom smiles and pats Don on the back. She turns to me, "Are all your friend's still coming over to the house tonight? What are the called the TCF?"