2*What Are Best Friends For*

Dedicated to xxWhoAteMyCookiexx because her story 'High School Scandal' is my very favorite at the moment.

After leaving Evan's house and picking up the pizza, we stop by the convenient store to pick up 11 liters of various drinks for everyone, including my parents. Grabbing the refreshments, we head over to my house. I had already sent out a mass text to TFC to tell them we're on our way.

We pull up outside seeing all the usual cars parked around. I'm actually pretty excited. It's been a whole week since we all hung out, we don't get to see everyone at school. Oscar and Fred are a year older than us; they graduated last semester. Oscar attends the local community college. Cam and Jade are juniors this year, so they have different classes. And everyone else is usually busy with school, work, sports, or extra curriculars to hang out.

Even though we all have separate lives, almost every Saturday night we all get together at my house to have a 'movie night.' We all tragically love zombie movies. Finding them both hilarious and ridiculous.

I mean, really? Dead people coming after you to eat your brains? Or flesh - whatever it is that appeals to them. They can't even run. Someone please tell me how everyone in the whole world gets caught. It's freaking funny. I'm pretty sure even if someone with decaying muscle mass did manage to catch up to me, I could at least push them off so they couldn't eat me. Just a thought.

I digress.

With our love of the lifeless-mind eater films, there's at least one of those every Saturday as the feature film. We save the best movie for last, when we're all tired and want to lie down. 

Saturday's are pretty much a night of hanging out, laughing, talking, snacking, watching movies, playing pool, listening to music, and just spending some relaxing time with good friends. My basement, we cleverly named "The Cove," is well stocked with everything we could need. We usually don't drink, even if there is a full bar downstairs. There isn't ever a reason to, even if everyone stays the night. 

Getting out of the car, I call Evelyn to ask her to come help with all the party food. She reluctantly agrees and a few seconds later comes barreling out my front door, growling loudly and waving her arms in the air. She looks like she's going crazy, but that's just my best friend. She's nuts, and adorable, which is exactly why she's my best friend.

After her charade, she runs full force plowing into me with the biggest bear hug I've ever received, picking her legs up off the ground. I sling my arms around her back and pat a few times. I'm pretty used to this kind of thing with her.

"What took you so long, hottie?" She asks, smacking my ass as she releases the hug. "You kept all your fans waiting."

My best friend calls herself my fan girl because I'm gay and she loves it. It's sweet, in a Lyn way.

"Lyn, you're my only 'fan.' And we had to wait an hour for the pizza to get done," I shrug my shoulders as I walk with her to the trunk to get the goodies out.

"Hmmmm, I think that there's something else going on here. I just can't put my finger on it," Lyn says tapping her finger on her lips, like she's actually pondering.

"I don't know what you're talking about, psycho. We just had to get food," I wiggle my eyebrows at her.

"Mmmhmmm, right. Then why, my dear Walter, do you have that stupid grin on your face?" She retorts pointing to my lips.

I open my mouth for a witty comeback to assault her with when I hear the love of my life walk up behind me. "Why don't you grab some bags and stop interrogating my boyfriend, fan girl," Evan adds as he walks around the back of the car to help.