Chapter 7 --- Jèté

Jèté

(French jeté: "thrown"), ballet leap in which the weight of the dancer is transferred from one foot to the other. The dancer "throws" one leg to the front, side, or back and holds the other leg in any desired position upon landing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They told me that there is no black and white, only gray, that I can't really give my opinion until I've experienced it. Well, I do see the gray area more often now, as the black and white mesh together.

Excuses and justifications become the truth, and you start to forget why you ever resisted to begin with. You forget what is right and wrong, you are flying on autopilot and the sky looks like the sea and you are lost in a fluffy white cloud and you really cannot tell if you are going up or down.

It's amazing how at one point in our lives we will be extremely close with someone and then later they will become a complete stranger. You will pass by them without a word. Without a single acknowledging look.

This person, who once knew you so well, who once knew your fears, your desires, your dreams, your past, is now walking right past you, seeing right through you and nothing feels the same anymore

Sometimes reflections are not healthy. When a chapter is over you turn the page and move on. When a book is done you close the book and put it away and never take it off the shelf again. Yet I find myself feeling sad for a time, a place, a person that is long gone now.

"Oh" Adrian stopped rampaging from his cabinet and turned to regard me a look "Roxy? She's the office slvt. It's no big deal" He gave me that smile that used to lure a lot of girls way back in high school. He sat on his swivel chair once again "If it's Travis then it is no big deal. She actually gave me a blow job or two back then"

"Is that supposed to make me feel better?"

"Sort of" He glanced at his platinum rolex and said "I really have to go. I got to pick up my stepsister at Assumption. I'd promised her that I'll take her to lunch"

"Tippy? That little chubby cheeks who used to follow you around before?"

"Yeah.. She's definitely not little anymore though. Wanna come?"

"No. I remembered how she had that huge brother's complex. No thanks"

Adrian didn't say anything. He got off his swivel and headed up "Are you sure?" He came closer and held my forehead "Parang pale ka kasi"

Adrian was near six feet tall and sported a head full of raven black hair that is swept back. He had big, dark, almond eyes that seemed to be laughing. His face was beautiful though he has thick brows. His body was his strong point. His solid strong arms, shoulders that were wide and well muscled are caged in that blue button down polo

"You know if I'll tell Tippy, I'm sure she wont mind-"

"No. I'm okay. I just thought.. nevermind"

"I'm not good at this advices. I feel like it's a glitch to my man-ego but" He tapped my shoulder from behind "Don't give up on him, Nik okay? He's stubborn as a rock. Just take it as a short-term pain for .. a long-term gain. It hurts now, but it will not always hurt forever. It will be worth it."

"Thanks, Adrian"

"Okay.. See you around?" He hooked his finger on to his coat and waved goodbye. I could only watched as he closed the door behind him