Chapter 4 -- Rond de jambe

Rond de jambe

round of the leg - tendu front, make a circle toward side with toe, then toward back (en dehors or outward) or back,side, front (en dedans or inward)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My breath caught in my chest when he walked through the door, looking for all the world like he had just stepped off the glossy magazine after five years he still had that effect on me.

The pain in my throat matched the feeling I carried with me few years ago as I was leaving for Paris; like two giant hands squeezing my lungs and my heart while they both pumped furiously to stay alive.

I was tempted to close my eyes against the pain, but didn't want to stop looking at his beautiful face.

"It's been a while, huh everyone?" Travis spoke up. He took a swig of his beer from Adrian's and sat forward in his chair. The overhead light made his light eyes an eerie color. I smiled at the sight before me. He hadn't changed it at all.

When he came in, he about took my breath away; he was one of the most entrancing men I'd ever seen.

His hair was dark and looked sinfully thick. I itched to run my fingers through the dark locks and push it back from where it fell across his forehead. He had a darkcomplexion now, vaguely Hispanic, with an oval face, full lips, brown eyes, smile lines around his mouth

He was still tall, towering over my height of 5'5 and he wasn't chubby like he was when we were younger. He had been like a walking jellybag with legs, head, and arms. Now, as far as I could see, he had filled out quite nicely and there didn't appear to be any belly peeking from under his shirt so it was probably muscle.

"We haven't done this in a while," he reiterated after swallowing. "Remember the good old days?" he asked looking at everyone. I smiled. We were all listening. Smiling. Nodding. I could only watch as Elaine patted her cousin on the back. He didn't see me at first, and scanned the room swiftly before his eyes finally landed on my direction.

We stood there for a long time. The feelings I felt was stronger and more present in my mind. If cared to admit it to myself, whatever was between us scared me. I couldn't explain what I was feeling but I knew I was doing a number on his head before he turned away.

"Hey, you! I honestly did not think you would come. Akala nga namin you wont show up for the nth time eh" Teddy said, a big smile on his face. Travis seems like he couldn't help but smile but he made it quick.

Adrian large hand slapped Travis on the back. Travis looked over his shoulder at his friend. Teddy put his arm around Travis' shoulder and led him away from the door to the middle of the room, and faced him in my direction

He glanced up from his cell phone in mild interest, looked back down and then back up, his brown eyes meeting my dull ones. He tucked away his cell phone into his back pocket and folded his arms in front of his chest.

Silence loomed in the room before his voice cut in.
"Why is that whenever you have these little parties, you always fail to mention at least one person on the guest list."

Teddy smiled and looked at me. "I have no idea what you are talking about, my friend."

Teddy nudged Travis back into the direction he was supposed to face. "Don't play, Ted. Why is she here?"

Teddy chuckled and faced Travis once again. He knocked on Travis' head. "Don't be rude, Pal. Nikki just came back from Paris and you're a smart kid you'll connect the dots. This is a barkada mini-get together. If you grew up with us in the neighborhood, then, buddy, this is where you're at tonight. So tell me, why would you think your little girlfriend wouldn't be here?"