Chapter 6 -- Frappé

Frappé
To strike or hit, quick action of the leg and foot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did you ever wake up from a dream and have that feeling that something good happened, but you can't remember it?

And then you do, it is a warm fuzzy memory from dreamland, an occurrence that never really happened, and yet you remember it as if it did.

You play it over and over in your mind, wishing you could go back to sleep and return to that dream, hit play and see what will happen next. But alas, we have no control in dreamland.

"Holy macaroni! Manganganak yata ako ng wala sa oras. Are you for real?" Hands on her growing belly, Elaine squirmed as I laid down the entire detail of the tryst I had

I was having a hard day. A day that I wished would start over from the beginning so that I could get out of the right side of the bed.

It was just turning that preternatural gray that heralds the coming of morning. I woke and stretched my pleasantly sore body. When I remembered what caused that soreness I blushed. I rolled over in the wide queen size bed and stretched, expecting I'll be greeted by those large expressive brown eyes but Travis was not in bed. Where on earth could he be?

"Travis?" I slipped out of my bed and gathered my clothes. Dressing quickly as I kept stealing glances around my room hoping he'd show up. I sat up, and looked out the window.

I wanted last night to happen but in the cold light of day I didn't know how this was meant to work. Did this make us a couple? Was it a one night stand? Where we even friends? I didn't know the answer to any of those questions and if I was honest enough I was too scared to even ask.

I know he must have felt my hymen. How he must hate me. How he must view me: as a pathetic and sad creature. I know a 23 year old, virgin girl seems unbelievable and ridiculous. Not completely innocent, and not entirely without needs.

But I never wanted to go too far with a guy; true, part of me did want to wait for Travis to take me but I had planned on that not being for years. I'd stopped when I realize Travis' clothes were gone

Then I noticed a note on my lampshade with Travis' penmanship on it "Thanks for the night - T"

He'd taken my virginity and now he wasn't even here to talk about it. Didn't men want to talk about these sorts of things? I was unsure about how to proceed with Travis now.

By the way he made love to me, I knew Travis wasn't a stranger to women anymore. I bet he'd learned early to have his dalliances elsewhere while I was gone. Somehow, the thought of it was not very inviting. It made my heart cringed.

Amidst of my thought, My phone vibrated violently on my nightstand. I quickly reached for it hoping it would be Travis. My heart beating fast as I said "Travis?"

"Huh?! Travis?" With that playful high-pitched vibrato, I knew it wasn't him. This is just one of those face-palm moment which frustrates me a lot

"I called when I heard your voice mail. Were you actually expecting him? Ahh.. Ikaw, Nik ah!"

The silence on the other end of the phone prompted Elaine to say, "Monique, hello?"

"Long story, Laine."

"I have the whole day for you, meet me at Hearts and Cupcake by 10"

"What?!" I quickly glanced at my alarm clock "but it's 9:45!"

"Exactly" I somehow felt her smirked the way she said it "Kaya kung ako sa'yo maliligo na ako pronto"