14:The White Flower

The White Flower

Chapter 14

I woke up to soft warm wet licks being put on my face. “Max...” I muttered. I swatted his muzzle away. I heard him whimper and I couldn’t feel his presence near me anymore.

“Come on Anastazia. You got to get up.” Blake’s voice said. He shook me a little bit and my eyes started to flutter open.  Bright light shot threw and I could’ve sworn I almost went blind. I groaned not really wanting to wake up.

I opened my eyes covering them with my hands. After a few seconds I adjusted to the light and looked up to see Blake smiling at me.

“Hey.” He cooed.

“Hey.” I smiled back and sat up seeing that Mr. Deer Spirit was cooking something. The fire licked at the dead meat while it looked almost burnt. Blake must have seen me looking at it and answered my question about what it was.

“It’s a bird. Were apparently eating it for breakfast.” He looked at the ground in disgust. I wasn’t to found about eating bird either, but I guess I had no real choice.  My stomach started to grumbled. I shook my head laughing. While Max barked and trotted over to the dead bird Mr. Deer Spirit was taking off the fire.

“Who’s ready to eat?” He said right when he started to split the pretty large bird in fours.

“I guess me?” I said. Everyone took their piece of bird and ate into the hard meat. The bird actually wasn’t that bad. The meat was nice and tender and full of favor.  “This is actually really good.” I said looking up at Mr. Deer Spirit.

“Why thank you. I and the people in my tribe eat this. It is a regular meal for us.” I nodded my head while he took another bite in his food. Blake had been quite the whole time. I looked over to see Max chewing on a bone. That I guessed was from the bone of the bird we just ate.

My eyes wondered until they landed on Blake. His legs were crossed and it looked like he just got done eating his meal. He had fingers in a way a villain in a play would do if they came up with a plan to take world dominance or something.  It didn’t look like Blake was paying attention to what was happening around him. This worried me.

“Alright, I think I know the way to get home.” Mr. Deer Spirit said. A smile lit my face. Finally maybe I can finally sleep somewhere warm and have some decent food and water.  “We must hurry. It looks like a big storm is appearing.” We all got up Max trailing along bye me while Blake stayed behind us and Mr. Deer Spirit led the way.

 I looked up and it really did look like a storm was coming. The clouds were a dark gray and were coming this way. 

“We better hurry.” I muttered. Max barked in approval and we started to walk farther dipping under branches. Taking twist and turns. The sky became darker the longer as we walked. The leaves crunched underneath are feet seeming like it was following us everywhere we went. The wind picked up, causing the air to get colder. I shivered underneath my leather jacket. It was not very good for keeping someone warm.

It was more of a fashion statement.  “You okay?” I jumped a little not expecting Blake to be behind me. I nodded my head while rain started to sprinkle around us.  I heard him chuckle as the rain started coming down harder.  I hurried up so I wouldn’t lose Mr. Deer Spirit in this storm. Max trailed behind me but was having a hard time. He was shivering uncontrollably from the cold rain.

I stopped and picked him up rapping him in my jacket. His wet fur seeped through my white blouse and I couldn’t help but start to feel cold too. I had to practically jog behind the chief because of how fast he was walking. Blake came beside me and wrapped me in his jacket.