22. Troublemaker.

Nat stuffed his hand in his pocket as Cam dragged him into the gym where the dance was being held. It was dark inside with a bright star and moon theme. Nat watched Cam eyes go big as she looked around, “Wow, it's so pretty.”, she said.

“Yeah, it's nice.”, he said and she dragged me again towards a table where Kim and Ray was sitting together. Kim ex boyfriend Chris was sitting next to Kim but his back was turned to her and he was on his phone.

“Cam, look how amazing you look!”, Ray said excitedly as she got up from the chair and wrapped her arms around Cam. “Look like a princess.”

Cam chuckled, “Thanks. Baby blue looks amazing on you. Who did you come with?”

“Oh, I'm here alone.”, she said, scuffing and giggling. “I can have fun without a date. I can always dance with you and Kim.”

“Until some boys ask you to dance and their dates get even more jealous of you.”, Cam said.

“Me do that?”, Ray innocently asked as she giggled. “Never. Nat, look how handsome you look. I think I might never see you so dress formerly before.”

“Get the January GQ magazine, I’m on it and you can hang it up on your wall if it helps.”, Nat sarcastically said.

“I second that, Ray, we will never see Nat this dress nicely for awhile again.”, Cam said and both girls giggle. Nat lightly pinched Cam's arms and she made a squealing sound, hitting him on his arm back. “Jerk.”

“Button nose.”, he came back and she gasped, bring her hand up to her nose. He chuckled and wrapped his hand around her wrist, moving her hand, “A cute button nose.”

Even in the dim room, he could see her face heating up and Ray spoke, “Aww, how cute!”

Cam went over and sat next to Kim, they both said how pretty they looked like any normal girls and he took the seat next to Cam, wondering what to do now. Cam was off talking with her friend and he. . .well, he wanted her attention to be on him. He didn't really have friends here but Ray but she was gossiping with Cam and Kim. Dan stayed home even though many girls asked him to play video games with KC and Kyle.

He looked around the gymnasium and everyone was doing the same thing. Dancing, talking, eating, and having fun. He felt so out of place since school dances were never his things, he has done allot more partying then a school dance before.

When Nat looked back at the entrance of the gymnasium, Seth has walked in with some of his friends. He was laughing with them until he felt Nat's gaze and looked towards his direction. They both quickly glared at each other. Nat was wondering what he was doing here because he obviously doesn't have a date.

Seth was the first to look away as he followed his friends to the other side of the room.

“Nat?”, he heard Cam's voice and he quickly turned around to face her, giving him a smile so she wouldn't ask him what's wrong. He saw the confused look on her face but smiled back at him when he has no stress on his face. She poked his arm, “What were you staring at?”

He shrugged, “Nothing, just looking around since you're being mean and ignoring me.”

She giggled and wrapped her arm around his, “I am not! See, I'm holding onto you.”

His smile turned real and he leaned down, kissing her forehead, “Good.”

*

“I-I really think this is a bad idea, Cam.”, Nat said as Cam grabbed his arm and dragged him out onto the dance floor where the slow song played. He awkwardly stood there and stuffed his hands in his pockets as she frowned.