06. Ever Enough.

Cam was getting frustration, Where is he?, she asked herself, looking down at her phone and Seth was ten minutes late. School start in less then twenty minutes and she’s freaking out! Not only is he late, but it raining. Not light, but hard. He wont answer his phone, she didn’t make the bus, Chris car doesn’t work right now and at the mechanic  and her mom already left for work!

            She groaned and went back inside her house, grabbing her blue umbrella. She rushed over to the door and locked it, leaving the house and jogged her way towards school. The school was about fifteen minutes away and she knows she’s going to be late, but she’s a good student. They’ll understand…she hopes.

            Not looking both ways before crossing the street, she saw a dark car and it beeped it horn. Her blood went cold and she dropped the umbrella, quickly getting drench in ran. The car stopped only about four feet away from her and her mouth dropped in shock and fear.

            She looked up at the car window, seeing who was behind it was the rain was hard, blocking who was behind the window. The car door opened and she was surprised to see Nat stepped out, “Cam?”.

            She was to froze up in fear to say anything, she just stood there like an idiot with her mouth dropped. She can’t believe how stupid she was! She shouldn’t have paid attention and looked both ways! She’s so lucky she didn’t get hit, she could have died!

            “Don’t just stand there!”, Nat yelled, walking over to her and grabbed her umbrella and took her arm, bring her over to the passenger door and opened it, putting her in. He closed the umbrella as he ran over to the driver and when he got in, he threw it in the back. “Jeez, I almost hit you, Cam. I’m so sorry.”

            “It-it’s not your fault.”, she said when she woke up. “I didn’t look where I was going, it was just a good thing you have good brakes.”.

            “Hell yeah, I could have hit you.”, he said. He reached around in his car and grabbed an t-shirt, “Here.”.

            Cam took it and began wiping her face, but it smelt—gross. Her made a disgust look, “Ew, Nat, this skirt been used and it smells! Did you work out in this?”.

            Nat looked slightly embarrassed, but he tried to laugh it off, “I forget to bring my stuff in. Anyways, what in the hell were you doing out there? Why were you running out in this mess?”.

            Cam half-sighed, half groaned, “Seth didn’t come get me and I couldn’t get him on the phone. I thought if I ran to school, maybe I wouldn’t be so late.”, she said, looking at her hair and frowned. It took so long to curl it, now it’s going to be wavy and a little frizzy.

            “Oh.”, Nat said. “Well, I guess I could drive you to school.”.

            She gave him a half side smile, “You would really send me back out there?”.

            “If I didn’t know you, yes.”, he said. “I would think your some crazy girl running out in streets without looking and might be a little afraid for my life. You seen though horror movies.”.

            “Ha-ha,”, Cam said, fake laughing as Nat turned his car back on and drove. Cam looked around inside the car, giving a impressed look, “Nice ride, is it yours?”.

            “Uh, yeah.”, Nat said, stopping at a red light. “I just got it in from LA, I missed it.”, he said as he ran his hand over the wheel. “Cam, meet Arianna.”.