16. Hate That I Love You.

Cam heard a familiar voice coming from one the guys phone, catching her attention. She knows that voice, it wasn't very hard to miss. Across the dance room Matt and lot of the group members crowd around him and his iPhone as the Sons of Adam song played.

'Oh, all I know is when I want to see a brighter night I have to go back to that old boardwalk; under that flickering light the same place where I held her close in my arms; knowing she was all mine at that moment; and kissed her. Oooohh yeah, she was all mine for that little while.'

Cam's eyebrows came together as she walked over to them, “What's that?”

“Oh.”, Matt said, stopping the song and cleared his throat. “Nothing. SOA just released a new song, nothing big.”

“Oh.”, Cam said, forming a small o shape with her mouth. It's Friday and she had manage to avoid Nat this whole time. The big news of his baby drama was released the day after and it was on magazine covers everywhere and let not forget Nat's little show down with Seth, but that didn't make it as big as Nat's baby drama. From what she heard, his parents had a long talk with him.

It has been none stop talk, it made his confess about her on TV seem so unimportant now. Who doesn't love a good scandal when it comes to having a kid as a teenager though? So many stuff was said even Cam knew was untrue, but a lot also could be.

“So Cam, have you thought about it?”, Matt asked.

She gave him a confused look before she remember what he was talking about. She nodded, “Yeah, sounds fun.”, she said, talking about the group and some people from school going out to the lake tonight since it the last chance to go before it got to cold. She doesn't understand why some people insist going inside that lake when it's already cold when it gets dark. It was mostly just to go and hang out.

*

Cam was sitting down on the grass with her headphones plug in her phone as she listen to the SOA song. She didn't know Nat was coming out with a new song and it was surprisingly really good. All his songs were good, a lot always made it on the top ten, but she never actually took the time to sit down and listen to them.

This song was different from his last album, it was like his first ever album where the songs had a lot of meaning and not just about partying and drinking. She already know his third album going to deal with and make him go far.

“Cam, come on!”, Brittney said, running passed her over towards where everyone was playing volleyball.

“I'm okay.”, she yelled.

“Oh, your not fun!”, Brittney yelled back.

Cam just went back to listening to the song while replying it. She thought about being in LA on the boardwalk with Nat, so many memories were rushing back. She had enjoyed going on the boardwalk with all the lights, games, and food. Of course he never kissed her under a flickering street lamp, but their was a hug under a flickering street lamp.

She closed her eyes and sighed, remember how happy she felt being in his arms then feeling bad about because of Seth. It was more of going back to ignoring him in school with a few text here and there. Nat seems to be more in her head lately then Seth.

She placed her room on her lap and rubbed her hands. It was a little chilly and she stupidly had to wear one of her summer dress. She should have worn her little sweater with it knowing she was going out here tonight where the wind was blowing the cold lake water.

She rubbed her arms a little and wondered if she was going to survive tonight.

“Oh, my God! Come over here Ray!”, Chrissy yelled, catching Cam's attention and she felt a hand on her shoulder for a quick second before Ray ran passed her a little, turning around, and waved to her before running over to the people playing volleyball.