=Chapter 17=

I awoke in a sweat. Oh nightmares, why do you exist?

I sat up and went straight to the bathroom, stripping my clothes and getting in the shower.

The cold water bounced off my skin while I stood there cooling off. I shut my eyes and relaxed in the water. I listened to the droplets of water connecting with my skin. Such a soothing sound. Then I heard glass shatter. That's not soothing.

I shut the water off quickly and grabbed a towel off the rack, wrapping myself in it. I slowly cracked the door and took a peek outside in my room, my only view being a shattered lamp. Also, on my bed seemed to be a figure. Just sitting there. Staring at their lap.

I shut the door and locked it, sitting against the door. I was as silent as possible, not that it was too hard, coming from someone who might be mute for the rest of their life. But I do still have a chance.

I closed my eyes and sighed shakily. One tear fell down my cheek slowly, but I blinked the rest of them away. Why was I crying? Nothing has happened yet.

Yet?

Yes yet.

Oh mind why do you hate me so.

I'm not your mind.

Huh?

If I told you who I was you wouldn't believe me.

Sure I would, but first I wanna know how you can hear my thoughts. If you aren't my mind, then prove it.

Read my note. Meet me at the proper address. You'll find out.

I cocked my head to the side.

Don't be confused little one. Just remember I'm always watching over you. You'll always be safe, but first don't come out of the room you're in now until I give you permission. Understood?

Okay..?

I sat still, listening to the voice in my head.

One thing first, cover your ears as tight as possible.

O-Okay...

I obeyed, covering my ears and hearing nothing at all.

I sat for a total of about 30 seconds.

Alright, love, you're safe to leave the room.

I got up and walked out. I was dumbfounded. Why did I just have a conversation with myself and listen? I thought about the conversation, remembering one part clearly.

I ran over to my bed and flopped on my stomach, reaching under my bed and grabbing the note I had on my pillow last night. Afraid to open it, I agreed with my gut, whom I'm sure felt very certain about this, and opened it up hesitantly.

I clearly read the address.

'1364 Marine Street'

I nodded my head to myself.

I find it weird that I know exactly where that is.

I decide that I have lived a full life, not caring if I end up getting killed when I leave.

My dad sure would miss me though. Taylor might too. Speaking of him, I miss him. I haven't seen him for almost a year.

Milena you don't have to come until you are ready. Don't pressure yourself into doing anything that you don't want to do, my dear. Go to your friends funeral, hang out with Sam and Taylor. Do what's important. Then, if you're ready, come meet me.