$Chapter 5$

We got home after he carried me the entire way, and I invited him in. We had interesting conversations.

I then noticed, I haven't heard my dad back yet. I stood up and Jake looked at me weird.

"I'm gonna be right back. You stay here and watch TV."

I told him and turned the TV on and it was automatically on Spongebob, mine and his favourite show.

I laughed and walked away into his bedroom again, then upstairs, then my room, then the bathrooms. He was no where to be found. I finally checked the kitchen, and I didn't expect to see what I did.

There was a note on the floor, it looks like someone stuck it through the door in the kitchen, beside the fridge.

I furrowed my eyebrows and I'm sure they were in a straight line, as I slowly stepped towards the paper lying on the ground. I read it. It looked like it was written in blood.

'I need to tell you something, meet in woods after you get out of school, bring no one and nothing. Only you, at the abandoned shed you saw today.'

I said, and was written in sloppy handwriting, like a kindergartener. I was scared, and interested at the same time.

I folded the paper into a small square and stuck it in my back pocket. I still couldn't find my father. He was missing. I should call the police...but I shouldn't. He is part of the police force. But if I call they might know where he's at. He didn't leave me a note or anything. But I'll just wait. He'll be back. I know it.

I walked back into the living room to see Jake hysterically laughing at the TV.

I giggled as I walked in and he looked up at me.

"You better not be laughing at me, Melina. I love dis stuff and its my wife!"

He says, talking like a two year old.
I giggle again and sit on the couch as we continue watching the TV. I try and not think about the note, or the fact I haven't seen my father.

I didn't want to tell Jake because I already knew how he would react.
He would freak out, take us driving out, not give up on finding him, and calling the police if we never found him.

He's so predictable anyways. But, he's still my best friend.