'Chapter 10'

"Hey Milena."

"Hey, Mil, it's nice to have you back."

"Hi Milena, welcome back."

These are all the things I heard all day as soon as I took a step through the door.

Not that it was a problem or anything, I like knowing that people cared. Just that I never knew I was this cared for. And by people I haven't even barely talked to before.

By the end of the day, I had get well cards over flowing my locker, and I had to have Jake help me carry them out.

I ended up meeting Zoe outside, unexpectedly, and she had her car ready to pick Jake and I up.

But she was kinda disappointed when I 'told' her that I was walking. Jake was in no shape to walk, therefore I was walking home alone.

Zoe and Jake have decided not to argue with my choices anymore. They've let me actually use my free will. I bet my dad bribed them to do that. I wouldn't be surprised.

I was walking out of the parking lot, the cool, spring breeze allowing my loose brunette hair to flow in the wind. I felt an irritating pinch on my ankle, and decided to stop and find out what was practically stabbing me.

I took the piece of paper out of my boot, remembering that I've been carrying this thing around forever. Especially since I left the hospital.

It's the anonymous note I got in the hospital. I have no idea why I hang on to it, but I do. I sat on the park bench and unfolded the crumbled piece of paper, reading over it again and sighing before folding it back up and putting it back in my boot.

I stood up, and I was determined to find out who was giving me these notes. It'd be easier for me to find out who was giving them to me and put a stop to it, rather then still getting these notes.

I've only got two and I already find it annoying with the bad handwriting and red paint (or at least I hope it's paint) and the weird looking paper. And I just want to cure the curiosity disease. It's a craving to find all my answers.

I looked towards the woods, noticing that I see the same path Jake and I took to the shed, the place 'Anonymous' is wanting me to go. I looked around, noticing everyone has left already, and decided I was out of anyone's sight.

I cautiously walked to the edge of the woods and took one last glance back towards the school, still seeing not a living soul in sight, and continuing on the path to discovery.

I slowly walk through the woods, looking around and still making sure I wasn't being followed. Well. Not that it mattered to me. But I knew for sure no one was following me. There are far too many leaves on the ground to not hear anyone following me.

After I had realised it was too quiet to be being followed, only hearing my own footsteps and breathing, I walked at a regular pace and focused on finding the abandoned shed.

I was watching the ground mostly, watching my feet and watching for unnoticeable stumps and making sure I basically wouldn't trip over anything.

I looked up every once and a while, and the last time I looked up, I saw a white flowing speck out of the corner of my eyes, looking directly at it and noticing it was a piece of paper stuck to the tree.

I made my way to the tree, almost wishing I hadn't when I ripped the paper off the tree and reading it.

It read, 'Don't Look Behind You' which gave me a bad feeling in my stomach and I suddenly felt weak, and my vision getting blurry. I guess I was extremely nervous.

The note I read, was written in the same substance all of my notes had been written in. Maybe that's why I was kinda weirded out (completely terrified). I squinted my eyes as I slowly pivoted, not wanting to see what was possibly behind me.

My eyes ended up completely closed before I turned all the way around. I opened them slowly as I steadied myself, noticing nothing behind me.

Left completely confused, I decided to just go to the shed. Maybe the one giving my notes is still waiting for me there.

I turned back towards the direction I've been walking towards the shed, and there was a tall figure facing me, just staring at me. No movement or words, not even a face.

I felt tears pouring down my face. There I was, standing frozen and scared to death, not being able to scream or yell for help, I was completely petrified. I don't think I'm going to make it home alive.

I continued crying and crying, not knowing what to do. I couldn't run, I couldn't move. If only I hadn't done this.

When the figure took a step closer and stuck his arm and hand toward me, I finally found feeling in my legs, taking off running away, not stopping once for a breath. I didn't look back to see if he was following me or anything.

I ran home and never looked back.