SCMAnex A Cat's Play Toy Ch. 9

-Stevens Point of view-

I jump with a sharp intake of breath, I hadn't noticed James had followed me... He's holding something in his sweatshirt pocket. His head turns from side to side in quick, squirrel like movements.

"Uh, hey," I stutter, not exactly sure what to think of this.

"Hey, sorry, i didn't mean to startle you," He apologizes. I simply shrug in response. "I need to ask you something...."

-Kevin's point of view-

I'm lounging around in the gaming area, quietly eves dropping into Dan and Jordan's conversation. Nothing really interesting though, just talk about somethings called "Ps3" and "Xbox", whatever they are. I end up zoning out, nearly falling asleep, until a strange sound tickles my ears.

I hear Steven's blood curdling scream. Dan and Jordan hear it too, but faintly. My hearing is much more acute then theirs, and I immediately know where it came from. Before I can even process what my ears heard I'm out the door running to Steven. But I'm too late.

On the ground crumpled up, is Steven. I feel like a dagger is being stabbed into me, and I wouldn't be surprised if I looked there was. But much to my surprise there isn't. I sink to the ground, my knees feeling like soft noodles. Then there's a blindingly bright white light, and I'm sure the heavens have opened up to take Steven. My Steven.

But instead they don't, and the white light diminishes. I see James' figure standing above Steven's motionless body, without thinking I pin him to the ground.

"Why!?" I scream, tears coating my face. Steven... my Steven... A pair of hands struggle to pry me off, but their not strong enough. It's only until I hear his voice do I regain control.

"Kevin, I'm not dead!" Steven shouts. I look, and much to my astonishment he isn't. In my surprise Steven pulls me off James.

"But, you... you were," I stutter, unsure of how to comprehend this.

"He's helping," Steven tries to explain, but it seems he's at a loss for words as I am. James coughs and sits up.

"If you hadn't fucking attacked me, I would have explained I was just taking a picture to send to his dad as proof," James states very matter-of-factly.

"Proof of what?"

"That he's dead. He already heard him scream but he didn't believe me. If he's dead they he'll stop looking for him," James explains, taking down to me like I'm an imbecile.

"Now if you'll excuse me, I have a phone to destroy," Jame stands and begins stomping on his phone. Crushing it to pieces.

"Sorry," I mutter, looking back at Steven. He has dirt on his oversized clothes, but there's not a scratch on his body. A wave of relief hits me and I'm unable to restrain myself from embracing him. He hesitantly hugs back, before standing up and breaking away from the hug. I hadn't noticed James talking to Dan and Jordan until now. Even now I don't pay them much attention. 

-Steven's point of view-

I look at Kevin, who is completely flustered. I guess I didn't think about I'm when James asked me to scream. I was just caught up in the moment, in the ideal of not having to worry about my family. Though he should be mad at me for worrying him, his gaze is gentle. As always.

Has he always been this considerate? I've only ever seen the teasing side of him, I think.

"Sorry," I mumble, breaking the silence. He just shakes his head and smiles.

"It's cold, lets go inside," He says, heading towards the house. I hesitate, but I've made my decision. I run up to him and tangle our hands together. Even through the cold his hand is glowing warm. He looks at me and smiles, a smug grin.

-Authors Note-

YESS! I finnaly got a update out! Are'nt you proud of me!? No? You're still mad? Well fuck. This helps right? RIGHT?! D:

Well, thanks for reading anyway, and vote if you liked, and erm, sorry. 

Also Noodles smells. HA :b