SCMAnex A Cats' Play Toy Ch. 4

Kevins' point of view

I know he doesn't believe me, but I want to be special to him. Before I was his only friend, but I was still a cat. It made me happy that I could be important to him, but it's like a disease, I want to be more to him. How do I show him? Maybe I tease him too much... But everything I say is true. It feels like a useless effort, but I can't give up. 

I glance over at Steven, peacefully asleep in my arms. He just gets angry at me when I try to please him, should I try something different? I've watched the cooks make food countless times, it doesn't look that hard. Alright, today I'll make him breakfast in bed. 

I cautiously detangle myself from him, and head out the door. I find my way to the kitchen, it wasn't too hard to find. There was only one other person awake, J-James? Yeah, that was his name. He was rummaging through the cupboards, apparently looking for food as well. He grabs a poptart and takes a bite before looking back at me. I want to look for food, but he's blocking the way. 

"Can I get by?" I ask, looking past him. There's not much  in the cupboards, maybe I'll just make some eggs or something. 

"So you can steal our food? We're already letting you stay here for free," He spits. Can't say I didn't expect this, still it's a little off putting. I'm not one to back away from a fight either.

"Why so hostile?" I ask, I really would like to avoid conflict right now. He scoffs, taken back by my bluntness. I assume he doesn't have any good comeback, because he walks away, obviously pissed off. I wonder what his problem is... Oh well, I'll worry about that later. 

-One scrambled egg later-

I slide it onto a plate, satisfied with the results. It actually turned out half decent. I grab a fork and a glass of milk and walk back to Steven. He was still asleep, perfect. 

"Steven, wake up," I whisper, shaking him slightly. He doesn't wake. Hmmm. I carefully sit on him, he normally wakes up to this... He wiggles a bit, slowly waking up. His eyes flutter open and closed, adjusting to the light, before opening wide. 

"K-Kevin," He stutters, his face pink. Aww, he's so adorable when he blushes. I want to go further, tease him, but I hold back. This morning can't do anything. Reluctantly I hop off him and shove the plate in his face. He gives me a confused look but takes it anyway. 

"I made you breakfast," I smile, he slowly takes a bite, smelling it to make sure it's not poisoned. He shoves the rest down, surprised that I could cook. To be honest I kinda am too. I look at him expectantly, waiting to hear his reaction. 

"That was actually good," He admits, slurping down the glass of milk. 

"I'm glad," I grin, he looks back at me, furrowing his brow. "What?"

"You didn't try anything this morning, and you made me breakfast, I'm suspicious," He says, narrowing his eyes. For a moment I consider saying something cocky, like, 'I can still try something if you want me to' but I let the thought pass. He needs to know I'm serious. 

"What are you up to?" 

"Nothing, really," I smile, but it's obvious he doesn't believe it. I sigh, "Do you really want to know?" He nods his head enthusiastically. "I really like you, and I know I tease you too much, but I really do want to make you happy," I admit, I try to resist blushing, but it's a useless effort. 

"O-oh," He stammers, his face bright red. It makes me feel a bit better that he's blushing as well. He looks at the floor, trying and failing to hide his beet red face. I was about to sigh and leave, but he says something before I can.

"Uhm, c-close your eyes, ok?" He asks, still looking at the floor. I give a confused look, but do as he says anyway. I feel his hot breath near my own, before his soft lips press against mine. He quickly pulls away and I take that as a hint to open my eyes. He has his hand to his mouth, his face the deepest shade of red. Butterflies dance in my stomach, it's not the first time we've kissed, but it was the first time he actually kissed me. I smirk and pull his hand away form his mouth before kissing him. He doesn't resist, and infact kisses back. I want to go further, but I stop myself. I have to be careful with him. But that just makes every step a major accomplishment.  

-Authors Note-

So far this story has gotten really aweosme feedback, which I'm super happy about! Thank you to everyone who votes and leaves comments! It honestly means alot to me <3 Anywho, thanks for reading and what not, and leave a comment below, bye <3