SCMAnex A Cats' Play Toy Ch. 7

Stevens point of view

I quick pull away and try to sit in a seemingly normal position, all the while trying to control my breathing. The guys walk in, laughing at some joke I'm assuming, James having the loudest laugh. Hey, he's in a good mood- His laughing stops as soon as he sees me, quickly turning into a scowl. 

"What the fuck do you think you're wearing?!" He questions, trying to keep his voice down though he's failing. I look down confused, just an average grey shirt... 

"James, let it go," Seamus pleas, trying to coax him to a calm state. 

"No fucking way, this piece of shit thinks he can do whatever he wants!" James retorts, looking me dead in the eye. Eddie was looking back and forth between me and him, equally confused as me.

"Why are you being such an asshat, he didn't bring clothes, I'm sure he didn't know those clothes were yours," Eddie states. That's why he's mad at me?

"These are your clothes? Sorry, I thought they were Eddie's," I apologize, though he ignores it completely.

"James just drop it," Seamus begs. James stay silent, looking me dead in the eyes before scoffing and leaving the room. 

"Keep the clothes," He says before secluding himself in his room. Right, got it. That room is his room, not Eddies. I look back at Seamus, it seems like he knows something. He just shakes his head and walks away. Whatever it is, seems he's not inclined to tell me. 

"Sorry about his, he's being a butt," Eddie sighs. I just shrug, I'm sure he'll cool down, eventually. I look back at Kevin, who is being eerily quiet, completely different from his usual attitude. Strange...

Kevin's point of view

It takes a few moments to realize, but once I do, I can only think how dumb I am for not noticing sooner. How much he hates Steven, I get it. Of course he would hate Steven, considering their parents brought them up to be rivals. 

Ten years of competition doesn't exactly leave a good impression on the other person. But how did James recognize him? There was a rumor going around that they had a spy watching him, guess the rumors were true then. Steven never really cared about any of that, he's too nice to be blinded by foolish competition. I guess James wasn't. 

Eddie sits down and starts playing mario cart, to which Steven joins. I just stay quiet, I'll tell him when Eddie isn't around. Seamus comes out soon after, only to go up to the kitchen, grabs a few snack and recedes back to James' room. Eddie finally gets bored and leaves to go play some computer games in his room.

"Hey Kevin," Steven starts, snapping me out of a trance.

"Yeah?"

"You're acting a little different, you ok?" He questions. He noticed? 

"Heh, so you're worrying about me?" I chuckle, using my wits to play off the question. 

"No!" He gasps, though his face is clearly red. "Just, if something is bothering you tell me," He mumbles, his face bright red. So he's actually worried for me. D'aww.

"Alright," I say, but I still can't tell him. Maybe I'll just talk to James and he won't have to know. 

"Promise?"

"Promise," I smile. There's a weight on my chest as I say those words, but I continue smiling for him. He smiles to himself, satisfied with my response, which only makes me feel worse. These are human emotions? The feeling that forms a lump in your throat, or to make your stomach tie in knots. I don't want to feel them... I just want to get this situation over with.

"I'm going to get something to drink," I lie. Steven nods, completely trusting. I walk down the hallway towards the kitchen, but stop in front of James' door. I hear voices behind it, guess Seamus is still in there. I'll just ask him to leave.

I tap on the wood a few times before James answers.

"What do you want," He hisses, giving me a dirty look. 

"I know who you are, we need to talk," I state. His expression changes to an icy cool one, showing little to no emotion. He open the door to let me in, Seamus sitting on his bed. 

"What about-"

"He knows," James interjects, sitting in his computer chair. They must be close. 

"I wanted to talk to you about Steven," I start, James scoffs but waits for me to continue talking. "He is no longer involved with his family business, and has no intention of being your rival," I state. 

"Right, and did he send you here to tell me that?" James asks, rolling his eyes. 

"No, I'm doing this of my own accord. He's not your rival anymore, nor was he ever," I retort, Seamus gives a hopeful look to James, who pretends he doesn't notice. 

"I'll think about it," James responds, I can't tell whether he's actually considering it or not, but it's the best I can get. He's too stubborn to see any other way. I sigh and walk out of his room, shutting the door behind me. I find Steven sprawled out on the couch, his eyes closed and a puddle of drool coming from his mouth. I try but I can't suppress the chuckle. He always manages to look so adorable. 

James' point of view.

Either he's a really good sweet talker, or he's telling the truth. Seamus doesn't say anything of the matter as usual. I know he just doesn't know what to say, but anything would be nice really. 

"I'm going to get a soda," I claim, Seamus nods as I walk out of my room. As I go towards the kitchen I see Steven passed out on the couch, Kevin sitting next to him, petting his hair in a way to entertain himself but not wake Steven. Should I trust him? 

I walk to the kitchen without a word, and grab a coke. So if he has no intention to take over the business.... But how can I trust him? 

Damn it, I know what I have to do. I take a deep breath before dialing the number. Now is my only opportunity to do this.... 

-Authors Note-

Yay! I got it finnished!!! I should probably stop procrastinating, maybe then this won't happen, SORRY!!! Anyway, I really need to sleep, like now. I need mah 13 hours o-sleep, the way I work. Now that I think about it, there mey be something wrong with that, but whatever. Thank you for reading and vote if you did, also leave a comment because I'm lonely and have no friends... BYE!!! <3