Chapter Seventeen

"Ross, I'm not so sure about this. Are you sure you're okay enough to skate?" She cautioned. She did NOT want to go back to a hospital anytime soon. She has had enough time there thank you.
"Laur, stop worrying. I asked the doctor before I left. He said it was fine." He reassured her. Laura still had the slightest doubt that this was safe.
'You're acting like an over protective girlfriend.' A voice said in her head.
Don't be ridiculous, the brunette mentally replied. We are not dating.
'Yet.'
"You okay there, Laura?" Ross's voice brought the girl out of her mental conversation. "You kinda spaced out.
"Y-yeah. I was just thinking of something." She said. He nodded and laced up his skates. Laura, on the other had, had no idea how to even tie a knot on the skates. She looked over and had seen that he was already finished and was headed towards the rink. "Dammit." Laura cursed quietly and fiddled with the strings.
"Need a little help?" Looking up, she sees her blonde best friend looking down at her own being, with that all too familiar smirk on his face.
"Yes, please." She pouted. He chuckled and kneeled down to tie up her laces. In less than 5 minutes, she was all ready to go. They walked to the entrance before the actress paused.
"What's wrong?" He turned to her as he went onto the white ice.
"I...may not have....gone ice skating before and....I don't know how." She admitted, slowly. Ross smiled and held out a hand to his favorite girl. In return, she looked at him in confusion.
"Take my hand." Are you serious? Is he serious? "C'mon, Laur. It's fine. I'll be right here to catch you."
..................
"I'll be right here to catch you. I promise." He insisted. She was hesitant at first, then took his hand. It fit perfect with hers. He smiled and helped her ease onto the ice.
Once she was on it, she gripped his hand tighter, but the blonde didn't dare on letting go. One, cause she looked really scared and two, because he didn't plan on letting go.
"Don't you dare let go." Laura whined. Ross laughed.
"I wasn't going to."
They made their way around the rink. He swirled them around so that now, the taller boy was skating backwards and she was in front of him, moving forwards. He took her other hand.
"Stop that." She said.
"Stop what?" He questioned.
"Stop doing all these fancy stuff. It's not fair. You've been playing hockey since you were little. And I look like an idiot." She shook and he smiled.
"That doesn't matter. Trust me, you're getting better. Here," Ross slowly loosened his grip on her and she began to panic a little.
"No, Ross. What are you doing?! I'm such a clutz! I'm gonna fall!" She whimpered.
"You aren't going to fall! Like I said, I'm here to catch you. Just relax." He reassured her. She shut her eyes and Ross let go of her other hand. He smiled. "Hey, Laura?"
Still keeping her eyes glued shut, she whispered, "What?"
"Open your eyes." The actor told her. She shook her head.
"Nope." Laura made a popping sound with the 'p'.
"Open your eyes," He repeated. "You're skating. By yourself." She then peaked out of one eye and noticed that she was.
"Oh my god! I'm actually doing it!" She hugged me tightly and he didn't hesitate on hugging back. Man. I needed her to be mine. She is everything I could ever need, he thought to himself.
"Check me out!" She said, gleefully. Laura began to skate a little further ahead.
"Careful there, sunshine. Don't run into anyone." Ross laughed.
"I won't-" but that's exactly what she did. "Ross!" She started slipping and her skates slid out from under her. The overprotective blonde made a dash for her, but someone already caught her. Someone he wasn't expecting to see. And with seeing this said person, everything came back to him. The rehearsal. Laura falling down the stairs. Racing to the hospital. HIM almost kissing her. Him getting in the accident. It was because of HIM.
"Garrett?"