Chapter Thirteen

"Laur? We gotta go now." Vanessa tells her sister, quietly.

But when she looks inside, she notices that the petite actress was fast asleep. Dried tear paths stained her cheeks.

That wasn't all she noticed. The hands of the two were interlocked and had no intention of being separated.

She smiled slightly and admired how much these two cared for each other, whether they wanted to show a sign of feelings between them or not.
It was clear to her, and practically everyone, that there was something going on. They just didn't know it yet.

"They look very peaceful." The nurse came in and leaving Vanessa startled a little. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to frighten you."

The older Marano sister laughed quietly. "It's no problem at all."

The two stood in silence.

"Have they always been this inseparable?" She asked.

"They've always been close since they met. But when Ross left for Puerto Rico to shoot his movie, they drifted apart for some time..." She explained.

"It seems to me, that they're now closer than ever." Macy noted. Vanessa agreed with her.

"The thing is," she smirked. "These two, are in denial. They have a certain tension between them. Everyone can see it, even if they don't know them at all. They're just too afraid of admitting there's something there that wasn't there before."

"They're still young," Macy replied. "Afraid of ruining of what they already have. It's up to them to face it when the time is right, not when it's time they feel like they have to."

The older women gazed back to the resting duo, who's hands were still intertwined. But it was only Macy that noticed a little smile on the actor's face.

------------

After Vanessa finally woke Laura up, they headed home.

"How you feeling?" She asked softly.

Laura didn't respond right away. She stared out the window before opening her mouth. "Tired. Pained. Hungry. Sad. Worried. Possibly wanting to crawl up into a ball and just stay that way for the rest of my life."

Vanessa chuckled a bit. "Wow you're a hot mess." She joked.

Laura smiled and rolled her eyes. Her sister was very glad to see her smile again after those long restless hours.

-------------

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Ross groaned and slowly tried to sit up, but ended up failing because it hurt too much.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

'And what the hell is that beeping noise? I didn't even set an alarm!' He thought.

He carefully opens his eyes and noticed that he wasn't in his house. The beeping wasn't his clock.
He was in a hospital.

"Oh, Mr. Lynch! Glad to see that you've come back to our world." The guy in the lab coat said. He must be a doctor.

"What....happened?" He asked slowly.

"You had an accident and were immediately rushed to the hospital." The doctor explained.

"Does my family know?"

He nodded. "Yes. They came by last night. You're girlfriend also stayed the night here."

"My what?" Ross asked a little shocked. He may not remember what happened yesterday, but he knows for a fact that he does not have girlfriend. Well...not yet at least.

"Yes. The petite girl you work with. Brown hair, amber ombré tips? Remember anything?"

Laura. That was definitely Laura. Why did she tell the doctor that she's his girlfriend? Wait. Why is he complaining?!

"She spent the night?" Ross asked again, feeling all warm inside knowing that she didn't just stop by.

"Yeah. Her hand never left yours. Her older sister had to use crowbars to get her to let go. I'm surprised that you didn't wake up from that. She was holding on tight." He scribbled something on the clipboard.

"She held my hand?" Ross smiled.

"Yup. You're very lucky to have someone care about you as much as she does. She deserves to be treated the same."

"No. She deserves to the treated more." Ross smiled at the thought of Laura not wanting to leave. God. How he missed her. He hasn't seen her in two days.

"Can....can I see her?" The actor asked, his eyes pleading.

"Well, she'd have to come here. You can't leave just yet." The doctor informed him. Ross nodded, understandingly.

An hour later, his favorite brunette bursts through the door. Her hobbled with her crutches to his bedside.

'Wait. Crutches?' He looked at them in confusion.

"Ross! Oh my god." Laura engulfed him in a hug, careful not to apply too much strength onto him. Even if Laura wasn't the strongest person alive, the slightest amount of pressure could break him.

"Laura." Ross said quietly in her hair. The two stayed in they position for about 5 minutes until Ross had to pull away because of the pain.

He noticed Laura's face was covered in streaming tears, her eyes had dark bags underneath, and her face was missing a smile.

"Hey, hey. It's okay. I'm okay. I'm here now." Ross reassured her softly, taking her hand in his.

"I thought...oh my gosh. I thought-" she choked out.

"Shh. Laur, it's fine. I'm okay. Now that you're here, my day has gotten so much better." He told her and she blushed.

"I'm so sorry. It's all my fault. If I hadn't-"

"Laura, listen to me. It's not your fault. You didn't do anything wrong." The blonde reassured the sobbing brunette.

As minutes pass, the two sat in comfortable silence, forgetting the fact that they were still holding hands and Ross was caressing the top of hers with his thumb.

"Laura?" Ross spoke up.

"Yeah?" She asked.

"Why are you in crutches?"