Chapter One

Chapter One

One click. That's all it takes. A swift movement of his finger would end it all.
Ross stares at his screen, hesitating on whether he should or shouldn't.
After 5 long minutes, he taps the blue 'following' button and a notification appears.
'Are you sure you want to unfollow?' It reads.
He bites his lip as he presses 'yes'.
There. Done. It's finished.
Then thoughts come running through his head. He only is following 68 people now. He quickly searches up a name and presses 'follow' regaining is usual '69 following' status.
He didn't want to unfollow him. Garrett was an amazing guy. He wasn't a threat to Ross...well until now.
This wouldn't honestly have happened if he hasn't posted that picture of him and Laura posing together at the Power of Youth event. Eyeing the picture carefully, he noticed where Garrett's hand was on Laura's body. And personally, it was a bit too low for his liking.
Ross lets out a heavy sigh. It could've been him. He could've been the one to pose with her. To touch her. To see her. To be with her. But he had to do a show. And he couldn't let down his family and the fans. Yet, some part of him wishes the show was on a different date.

Just then, his phone buzzes. It's her!

"Hey, Ross! I know you're probably still playing the show, but I just wanted to say I hope you're enjoying it! :D I'm really having fun at the PoY event! I saw so many people! I even saw some of the cast from TBM! haha Text me back when you get the chance! :D See you soon! -Laur"

He reads each word carefully. He smiles at the perfect grammar she has, even in a text.
One sentence sticks out to him the most.
'Some of the cast of TBM' and she said she enjoyed it.
'I bet Garrett enjoyed it too.' Ross thinks to himself.
He is now debating whether to return her text, like he always does.
"Ross, honey, come on. You guys are on in 5 minutes." Stormie pokes her head in the car. She notices her son, usually perky and excited before playing a show, was now...a bit down. "Are you okay?"
Ross stares at his phone for one more moment. "Yeah, mom. Just thinking." He replies before tossing his phone in his backpack and heading out.

------------------

'Wow. This is weird.' Laura stares at her beloved flip phone in confusion.
It's been hours since she sent the text to Ross. She knows of the slight time difference and that they were playing a show, but she figured that a show wouldn't last THAT long.
She closes her screen and waits.
2 minutes pass and she reopens it.
Nothing. No new messages.
She sighs. Ross always replies. Always.