Chapter Twenty-Seven

The ride home was awkwardly silent, just like the entire date. Everything felt so wrong about it.

She felt like Garrett only wanted her to prove a point. Like he wanted to show that he's better than Ross.

And now, to top everything, she was damn worried. She couldn't help it. Was he really gonna say Jake?
Does he really know about all of this?

Plus, Ross's call talking about the truth didn't help her emotional state at all. What was the truth?

"What are you thinking about?" Garrett said, snapping her out of worry-land.

"Um, nothing and everything really. Mostly about the season wrapping tomorrow." She lied "Thanks for dinner by the way."

A minute or two went by until the car came to a halt in front of the Marano's residence. Nor her parents car or Vanessa's were on the garage, so she presumed they were out.

Garrett turned off the engine and opened his door. He came running to the passenger side to open the door for her. But the actress didn't think it was the time - nor she cared - for his chivalry, so she opened the door herself, before he reached the handle.

They walked to the sidewalk, and the brunette turned to her. "I had a great time tonight, Laura. Thanks for accepting to go out."

"It's fine really. I guess I just needed s distraction from well... Everything"

Garrett took a glance to the house and looked intensively to one window.

Laura tried to look back to see it too, but before she realized what was happening, a hand pulled her chin close and a pair of lips were glued on hers.

----------

Garrett was a fucking jerk.

Not that that was any news.

But he saw Ross by the living room window.

He saw him and fucking dared him to do something.

And that's what he was about to do.

And man, he was pissed.

As Ross slammed the house's main entrance door shut, he saw Laura turning to him with wide eyes.

"What the fuck do you think you are doing Clayton?!?"

The shorter actor smirked. "Why Lynch? I thought you guys didn't have anything going on"

"We don't."
"That's what I thought." Garrett turned to his car "Y'know" he called over his shoulder "at least I got the guts to ask her out" he smirked

"Something you never had."

In that moment, Ross felt his blood boil even more in rage. He didn't even process what was happening, all he saw was red.

He threw his arms ahead, pushing Garrett forward. "SO THAT'S WHAT IT ALL IS ABOUT?! SHOWING YOU CAN DO SOMETHING YOU FUCKING BASTARD?!"

Garrett pushed him back. Even though he was shorter and weaker, He still managed to make the blond move. Then, he pointed a finger in his chest "IT'S NOT MY FAULT YOU DIDN'T MAKE YOUR MOVE WHEN YOU COULD!" He suddenly smirked "Not that you ever could get that fine piece of ass anyway. Right, Jake?"

And that's when the situation lost control.

Ross swung his fist on his ex-co star, which fought back. None of them could hear the desperate girl screaming for them to stop. Garrett's mouth was bleeding and Ross had a cut on next to his eyebrow.

As Garrett slapped Ross's face, he lost it. Ross punched him with all of his rage.

"STOP!!!"

It all happened too quick for any of the three to process. Laura threw herself between the two of them, receiving Ross's punch straight on her right cheek.

Once they realized what happened, both guys froze in their place.

Laura was looking down, covering the place where her brother's fist just left.

"Laur, are you okay?" Garrett tried to put his hand on her shoulder, but she slapped it away

The actress looked up with wet, hurt eyes at Ross, whom was rendered speechless "...Laura I..."

She started to sob as she ran back to her house, leaving both guys by the doorway, not hearing the blond's whisper

"...I'm sorry..."