Chapter Eleven

"Alright, Ms. Marano. I just need your parents or guardian over the age of 21 and you'll be all set to go." The nurse smiled and checked her paper works one last time. She handed Laura a small pile of papers, like 2 or 3 sheets.

"My sister is coming in a few minutes." The actress informs her. The nurse nods. Laura's facial expression turns sad, and she takes note.

"Is something wrong? Don't wanna leave already?" She joked. The brunette laughs good heartedly, shaking her head.

"No no." She chuckles. "It's just....,I've got a lot of....things on my mind."

"Ah, boy trouble?" She reads her mind. Laura is surprised at how she got it right on the first guess. The nurse smiles. "I may not be as young as I used to be, but I still know a thing or two about teenagers and their complicated, hormonal love lives."

This makes her laugh. "You've got the complicated part right."

"Here, while we wait for your sister, why don't you tell old Macy, how complicated the situation is." She takes a seat next to Laura on her bed.

"Well....I'm stuck in the middle." The petite 17 year old girl starts.

"Of what? Feelings? Two different boys?" Macy questions.

"Both actually." She sighs. "I mean, both are extremely sweet to me. But they are both so opposite. One is tall and blonde, the other shorter and brown haired. One is my complete opposite, the other is like a copy of me, but in guy form. One focuses on his music, and the other on his acting career. I love both of them, but one more than the other. But that one is completely oblivious."

"That's some story." The nurse comments. Laura nods.

"But recently, I feel like the one who is an actor gives me more of his attention than the other one."

"How do you feel about each one?" Macy tries to help her come to a conclusion.

"Both are like my best friend. The shorter one makes me feel comforted when I'm lonely and bored. The other I feel like he brings out the best in me and makes me laugh with all his jokes and just by being himself. He makes me smile everyday and just brightens up my mood when I see him. I don't know what I'd do without him."

"Well, sweetie, I think you should listen to your heart. Now I'm not your heart, but to me, it seems like your opposite is your Cloud 9. I mean, opposites attract right? Having things in common is important yes, but if you have too much in common, wouldn't it get a little boring, don't you think?" Macy explains. Laura nods, understanding.

Then she smiles. "Did I mention that they worked on the same movie?"

Macy gasps. "No!" Then they both start laughing.

Just then, the door opens and Vanessa steps into the room.
"You ready to go, Laur?"

"Yeah." Macy helps her stand and hands her a pair of crutches.

"Now you will just have to use these for a few weeks." Macy explains.

"Alright. Thank you. For everything." Laura replies. Macy gives her a smile and nods.

"You'll know what to do."

"How did you even sprain your ankle?" Vanessa asks as they walked towards the exit.

"I feel on the steps on set." Her sister answers. Vanessa rolls her eyes.

"You are so clumsy." Vanessa tells her to wait, because she has to sign her out.

Suddenly, a group of paramedics come bursting through.

"I need ER stat!" He orders.

"What's going on?" One of the nurses asks from behind the desk.

"Car crash. Black Pontiac. Young male. 16 or 17." The paramedic explains.

'Thats weird. Ross has a black Pontiac....' Laura thinks.

"Laura...." Vanessa's voice was all hoarse and quiet.

"What's wrong?" Laura asks. Her sister looks as if she were about to cry.

"It's Ross..." She replies, hesitantly. Laura's heart begins to speed up. "He's...he....he got in a car crash."

The doors slam open. There he was. lying there on the gurney. Eyes closed and completely still. Nurses and paramedics all aided him, making sure he was still breathing.

Laura drops her crutches and runs after him, not caring that her ankle was still damaged. She pushed through the crowd of medical staff and found his face all cut up. Blood dripping from a cut above his right eyebrow. She desperately took his hand.

"It's gonna be okay, Ross. You're gonna be okay. I'm so sorry. This all my fault." She cries softly, tears streaming down her face. "You'll get through this. I'll always be by your side. I promise."

She feels his grip tighten against hers and she looks at him. His eyes were slightly open. He sees her and he slowly smiles with all his remaining strength at the moment.

At that moment, everything in Laura's world...stopped.