Chapter Sixteen

Laura tried to wake up, the lightweight of the sun coming from the window making it harder to open her eyes.

Then, the girl bolted awake as she saw the blond asleep in front of her and something came to her mind.

Today was the day Ross was getting out of the Hospital.

She grabbed the clothes inside the bag and walked to the bathroom connected to the small room of the hospital, careful to not wake him up.

Stormie let her stay as the patient's company for tonight. She couldn't bring herself to wake Laura up, seeing as how happy she made his son.

Laura also couldn't bring myself to answer his question yesterday. She was scared to lose him again, and she knew it.

So she told him a simple 'I don't know'.

As the brunette got off the bathroom, now changed, she was greeted by a warm smile.

"I thought you had left."

"Me?" She chuckled. "Why?"

"Well, I woke up alone today." He smirked

Laura opened her mouth to answer him, but got cut off by Mary, that walked in the room.

"Mr. Lynch" she smiled "ready to get off from this bed?"

He smiled, nodding to the nurse.

"Your mom left all the papers signed and" she put some clothes on the bed "your clothes are here."

Ross stood up, grabbing all his clothes.

Laura smiled. She was so glad that, after two weeks, he could finally get out of the air conditioner-smelling room.

The nurse turned to Laura as Ross closed the bathroom door. "Keep your eyes open, there are some things you're not seeing here." "What do you mean?"

The lady was about to answer, when Ross opened the door, wearing a white tank top under his checkered blue flannel and his ripped jeans. He took a look at his petite co-star, after fixing his sleeve.

"Shall we?" He said playfully, lifting an eyebrow and standing his hand

The girl giggled, rolling her eyes and taking his hand "We shall."

They walked to the corridor, when suddenly, Ross stopped dead on his tracks, searching for something in his pocket.

He forgot it there.

"Is there something wrong?" Laura asked him, letting go of the hand she didn't notice she was still holding

"Oh, uh-" he looked at her, blinking quickly "I... Think I forgot something. Stay here, I'll be right back."

He turned on his heels and ran back to the door.

'And to think that the doctors once thought that he wouldn't be able to walk for awhile.' She thought

Some moments later, Ross came back.

"Did you find it?"

"Oh, yeah. Come on, I'm gonna take you to a... place." He started dragging her off the corridor.

She followed him as they made all the way to the parking lot, where a cab was parked in, waiting for them.

He opened the door, helping her in and coming right after.

Ross carefully took a paper out of his pocket and gave it to the driver.

"So..." Laura spoke up "Where are we going?"

He just turned to her, smirking

"I hope you know how to ice-skate"