Chapter Three

Chapter Three

Tap. tap. tap.
Laura quietly taps her fingers on her desk. And intensely gazes to her phone. She knows she shouldn't be this paranoid. 1 unanswered text. It's okay. 2, eh, whatever. But 5? Now she's getting a little confused.
Ross isn't the type of guy that wouldn't reply back. Even if it's an hour later. Unlike Calum, who replies a few days later.
She shakes her head at the thought of the red-head.
Laura huffs in frustration and picks up the flip phone. She dials in the number but stops before pressing 'call'. Should she just wait until she gets to set later today?
Before she knows it, the dialing tone starts ringing. She holds it up to her ear and waits for the answer.
Almost disappointed that he didn't pick up, she slowly removes it from her ear.
"Hello?" Her eyes light up and she nearly slams it back on her head.
"Ross!" She exclaims. "Thank goodness you answered. I was starting to think you-"
"Hey, Laura. I can't talk right now. See you later." And that's it. The line goes dead. Laura sighs and angrily shuts her phone.
Is he ignoring her? Did she do something wrong? Whatever it is, she knows something's up. And she's gonna get to the bottom of this.

----------------

Ross lazily gets out of his car and heads to his dressing room.
He knows what he's doing to her is wrong and he feels guilty about it, but part of him is just so jeal-pissed about this.
Damn these teenage hormones.
He turns his head side to side, scanning the lot for the brunette. Nothing. He moves past the security guard and into the long hallway. 'If I move fast enough, maybe she won't see-' his thoughts were interrupted.
"Ross!" A familiar voice echoes through. He freezes.
"Oh hey, Laura." He says as he gulps.
"Why-" He lets out a sigh of relief when he sees one of the producers headed their way. Heath comes to them with a smile on his face and Ross couldn't help but do the same. Heath was always a smiley and generally happy person.
"Glad you both are here! I have some great news!" He chirps.
"What is it?" Laura laughs. Her laugh. Chills down his spine.
"We have a special guest star in this week's episode!"
"Really who?" Ross asked. Just then his dressing room door opens.
"Hey man!" A voice says. Ross closes his eyes and one thought automatically goes through his mind. 'You have got to be kidding me.'