Chapter Ten

Ross took deep breaths as he basically killed his not-so-welcome guest-star with his eyes.

"SO?!?!" He yelled

Laura was scared. She never seen Ross so angry before. She looked at Garret, who just stood silent with a cocky grin on, staring at Ross. She tried to calm down things.

"He was leaving. He was just saying bye."

"Got a problem, Lynch?" Garret raised an eyebrow

Ross wanted to punch him. Punch that mouth of his that only said stupid things, until he couldn't even talk anymore.

"Ross" Laura whispered in a barely audible tone, noticing how mad he was right now.

"Yes. YES I DO GOT A FUC-"

"Ross." She raised her voice.

He took a deep breath again, and silence filled the room at what seemed an eternity, when it was actually less than 2 minutes.

"You know what?" Ross said, coldly, walking up to Laura. "Here." He left the red roses bouquet above her bed, right next to her feet, and walked out the room, slamming the door shut.

Laura felt bad. For the first time, she saw Ross... Emotionless.

"I think... You should leave." She said, not taking her eyes off the flowers standing by her feet.

The Zac Efron look-alike looked surprised at her. "Laura-"

"Go."

With that, he left.

She didn't know why, but seeing Ross being cold made her cold too.

The girl had too many things on her head, but she just stood quiet, staring at the bouquet.

That's when she noticed the little piece of paper standing in the middle of it.

She picked it up, and it read:

"Laur,

I'm sorry for the way I've been acting.
Just remember that I'll always be by your side.

Ross"

She read the paper again.

And again.

12 times actually.

He wasn't by her side.

He wasn't next to her anymore, and she blamed herself for it.

There was a little pain aching on her chest.

She couldn't put her finger on it, but all she knew is that she wanted to cry.

So she did.

-

Meanwhile, Ross was miserably on his car, driving home.

He couldn't help but to feel his heart aching.

'Why? Why now?' he asked himself. No one could understand him now. He realized he liked her today, and he was going to tell her once he got time alone with her.

He was finally gonna tell her that he wanted to cross this line of "friendzone".

But now, there is way too much in the way.
It was his fault, in his view. If only he had realized it before... None of this would be happpening.

He just wanted to forget this day, simply erase it from his memory.

Cold tears streamed down his face, blurrying his eyes for only a second or so.

But that was time enough for a car crash.

And suddenly, everything went black.