Chapter Twenty-Eight

A/N: this is the last chapter. We know you guys got really confused with the brother/sister thing, but this one explains everything. Hope you liked our story, don't forget to tell us what you think! Xox
________________________

He didn't mean to get so angry. His fist was supposed to make contact with his face. Not hers. No. Never in a million years. He just lost control. He never loses control.

"Nice job," the shorter actor retorted and Ross whipped his head in his direction. "Jake Marano, the real fuck up-"

"You shut the hell up, Clayton. You're lucky I don't plant one on your goddamn face right now. You don't know her. You don't know me. And you certainly don't know us. So just do us all a favor and take your ass off this property." Narrowing his brows, the blonde shoved Garrett and carefully walked inside the house. Looking around, he tried to find a sign that she didn't lock herself in her room. Unfortunately, that was the case.

He walked up the stairs and pressed his ear to her door. Ross could hear her faint sobs through the wood and he physically felt his heart drop and shatter into a million pieces. There was no way she would want to talk to him right now.

Ross lifted his hand to knock on her door, but stopped shortly. It was that hand. The one thay collided with her cheek. Son of a bitch. He shouldn't. So he didn't. That is...until 3 seconds later.

Screw it.

Swallowing hard, his knuckles tapped the pine lightly three times. He heard her tears abruptly stop. She knew. She knew it was him. And she didn't reply. She just...listened.

"L-listen, Laur....I-I'm so so so so sorry. Fuck. I'm an idiot. I should have...I should have walked away...but I lost control and...you got hurt. Laur?" He sighed when she said nothing in reply. It was useless. Just when he was given the chance to clear things up, he screwed it over. Like always.

-----------

She stared at the door in her bedroom. It had been ten minutes since he knocked on her door and apologized. Ten minutes since she had managed to stop crying.

Glancing at her mirror, her left cheek had gone down from the bright pink color that spread throughout it. Probably will turn purple by tonight.

She knew he didn't mean to. Part of her knew that she was also stupid for stepping in between those two idiots. The other part was hurt that he resulted to violence to end a problem. And a tiny part was pissed at him for thinking she couldn't handle it herself. (Which she totally could have had she gotten the chance.)

"I lost control and...you got hurt." His voice, that contained so much guilt kept echoing through her head.

She agreed that there was no way that he could have seen her. She stepped in only a few seconds before the punch.
Her cheek still ached and she flinched, thinking about how he did it.

Yeah, it was a punch and it hurt, but she knew that it hurt much more because it came from him.

And oh, she was mad.

But it wasn't at him at all.
She was mad at herself.

Mad for stepping in a fight that wasn't hers.
Mad for believing that she could get their stupid fist fight to end.
Mad for loving him more than a brother.

---------

"And... cut!"

The bell rang, warning the end of the scene.

Laura had acted naturally all the time during the taping. That is, when Laura was actually Ally.

Even when she was hurt, she was a goddamned great award-worthy actress. Looking closely, he could barely see the purple mark on her cheek, since they did an amazing job with her makeup.