Chapter Eighteen

Flashes. Slow motion.

All the lights from the ice rink seemed to start to get dimmed, moving in a slower rythm.

Ross couldn't believe it. Garrett was always there to make something worse.

Always him.

The blond grabbed the petite girl - let's rephrase that: HIS petite girl - and pulled her to his side, only noticing his roughness when the girl flinched in pain. He turned and murmured a quiet apology with concern, only turning with a deadpan expression to the idiotic figure in front of him after she assured him it was okay with a simple nod.

"What a surprise." Ross said, sarcastically, the blank expression still across his face. "Weren't you in London doing whatever?" he crossed his arms.

Garrett chuckled. "It was a photoshoot actually. But it's been almost 3 weeks. I wouldn't stay there for a month when we still needed to film an episode for a series. But then, turns out that one of the main stars happened to be absent."

Ross felt his blood start to boil, when suddenly the awareness of the girl next to him came, as she held his arm, in an attempt to not trip and fall on the flat, cold frozen ground. He saw rage and jealousness growing in Garrett's eyes and held back a smirk.

The tall musician put his arm around her waist - if she asked later, he had the excuse of 'only holding her' anyway - and looked down at Laura, his look softening. "We should get going. We have rehearsal."

Breaking in their moment, Garrett quickly shot back "I should probably go with you too. After all, I'm on the epis-"

"No." Ross cut him off with a demanding voice, shooting him a evil glare "you're gonna stay here."

And with that, Ross grabbed the shocked girl's hand and hraded out of the ice rink. Both kept silent, with the blond just looking back a few times to make sure Garrett had understood clearly what could happen if he chased them.

When they got their skates off and were already leaving, Laura broke the silence "What was all of that about?"

Ross sighed, turning to face her confused expression. "I remember."

Her eyes widened in shock. "What do you remember...?"

"Everything."