Chapter 24.

The way back home was fast and I couldn't stop thinking about the party that the girls were going at. 99% sure that Jason would be there too.

Was what Samantha said to me true? Of course it was.

But why did it hurt so much? I didn't know. Probably I fell for it, I fell for him and hadn't even realised it. How could he had gone with Samantha? C'mon her?

All I wanted was him to be with me on  the couch, while I was wearing a stupid black dress, because I even thought for 10 seconds that I could've gone to that party and forget about everything that happened. Seemed that it didn't work out that way. Even if I hated him, I knew that tomorrow I would've chased him and even the day after tomorrow.

After everything, I should've gotten I big eraser and deleted him from my thoughts.

I would've wanted to talk to him yesterday, talk about what happened to his grandfather, but all I did was scream and shout while he looked at me with a disgusted face. And now I felt worse than before.

This is what happens when I let down my guard. What changed? Where's the Sophie that I tried perfecting in all these years?

I think that I had never cleaned my room like I did that night. I put away every tiny thing so that the time passed by, since I couldn't sleep. I didn't even bother to change in my pajamas.

"Are you going somewhere?" I heard Alex's voice from behind the couch as he looked at my outfit.

I was currently watching the last season of Pretty Little Liars, at least my mind would be occupied.

"Uh no, I was just playing dress-up. I liked this one so much that I decided to wear it for I while" I lied.

"You're weird" he scrunched his face.

"Looks like you've learnt from the best then" I smiled while Alex rolled his eyes and headed back to the kitchen.

I was getting to the best part. -A was finally going to reveal it's identity when I heard the door behind me open and someone hang their jacket , it was probably mum, but I was so concentrated on the tv that I didn't bother to move.

"Turn around" a cold and very familiar voice said, THAT voice.

Why was he here? Did he want me to feel even worse?

I slowly turned around to meet his eyes and it was him, but the strange thing was that he wasn't drunk, he was in front of me sober and relaxed. Why wasn't he at the party anyway?

He looked at his surroundings and then at the pizza that was still in the box. Surprising huh? How bad could I feel to not eat my pizza?

Then his gaze fell on me again, more precisely on my exposed legs. He's probably never seen me in a dress or did he? I couldn't remember.

As he stared at my legs, his jaw tensed when he saw the signs that yesterday's glass had left. His gaze started to higher up to my arms until he was facing me. I felt my heart beating faster as I stared at those dark pools.

He walked towards me and he stopped, leaning on the edge of the coffee table without saying a word, just staring at me.

"Why are you here?" I decided to break the silence. My tone was cold and firm.

"It isn't done. Everything is far from being done"

My heart did a back flip at those words, reminding me what I said to him the previous night. That I was done and that it was over.

He brought a hand to his face and only then I noticed the black circles under his eyes and a tired expression.

I would've wanted to run into his arms and hug him until tomorrow, apologize, but I couldn't, Samantha's words run through my mind and I needed explanations.