Chapter 22.

Chanel's POV

"Chanel wait!" I heard Adam's voice calling me while I was running through the hallways furious.

"I can explain, I'm sorry ok?" He continued until he managed to catch up with me and he was now at my side.

"For what? Being the prick that you are?" I finally faced him stopping in my track.

"I'm sorry for embarrassing you like that, but I'm not sorry for that Steward" he said firmly.

"It's Edward!"

"I don't fucking care what his name is,ok? Just stay away from him!"

"What? Are you on drugs or something?" I was perplexed by his outburst.

"Oh c'mon, even someone that is blind can see that he likes you!"

"Of course he likes me we're going out, you idiot!!"

"Then stop going out with him!"

"Are you serious? Tell me that you've smoked something that made those few brain cells that you have die"

"I don't want him near you" he declared categorically.

I looked at him confused and in silence, not knowing what to do, I passed a hand through my blonde hair and sighed.

"Why?" I simply asked.

He looked at me in the eye and took a deep breath like he had to say something that he was keeping inside for a long time.

"Because he'll take you away from me" he answered with such an intense gaze that made me shiver.

The distance between us kept reducing until we were inches away and our noses nearly touched. He took another breath and his hand fell on my cheek, getting even more close. As his lips touched mine, I immediately closed my eyes and I brought my hands on his biceps. A few seconds later I realized what were doing, so I backed away, leaving Adam confused.

"What are we doing, Adam? You're.." I tried to say something, but he preceded me.

"I'm sorry" he lowered his gaze.

"What does... What does this mean?" I refereed to our previous kiss.

"It means that I like you, I always have, since the first day I saw you and now with that dickhead in between I feel that I'm losing my chance.."

My heart lost a beat at his words and I started to feel a strange sensation in my stomach.

"I couldn't just stand there and watch how you live your fairytale with him. I never had a chance in the first place, I don't know what I was thinking, I'm sorry" he said frustrated passing his hands in his hair and then on his face.

"You're not going to lose me, you're my... friend?"

Somebody tell me with I just said that? Idiot, idiot, idiot!

"This is the problem! Chanel I want more. You don't know how many times I wanted to punch the guys that stared at you with puppy eyes, especially Edward, and yell to them that you're mine, only mine! Every time you laugh, and that happens a lot, I just melt, every time you rejected me, it made me want you even more and today I just lost it! You need to understand"

It was too much, I couldn't handle the situation anymore, I needed air, because I felt like suffocating for what I was going to tell him.

"I'm sorry but I don't want our relationship to change" I said biting my bottom lip.

Stupid, stupid, stupid!

"I'm not going to beg you, so goodbye" he turned his gaze from mine and started walking away disappointed.