● Terushima Yuuji : She's Not You

Terushima was always seen beside you and you beside him. It was like you two were a couple, at least that was what everyone thought but you both denied. Terushima was the captain of the boy's volleyball team and you were the captain of the girl's volleyball team. You two had such a similar carefree personality and were always picking dumb fights on each other. But in truth you had liked Terushima since the day you met him at the opening ceremony during your first years. Little did you know Terushima felt the same back. But with feelings that were never expressed, the relationship was never more than friends.

"You need to tell him captain," your team libero said. You only laughed it off as a joke, "Misari, we're not like that."

"It's because you're being like that," your best friend who is also the team's setter hammered your head. You pouted and dropped the volleyball.

"SARUYI!" you held the pain on your head and rubbed it softly so it can go away.

"I'm- NO the whole school is 100% sure he has the same feelings for you," Saruyi stated. "(F/N)-chan if you don't make a move sooner or later you never know what will happen."

You played it off as a joke again and with practice ending that day you headed home. Terushima walked beside you and like the usual he was talking about volleyball practice. He noticed you were quiet and spoke up.

"You're awfully quiet today," he mentioned. "Did something happen during practice for the girls?"

You shook your head and chuckled, "I'm just tired!~"

You groaned and began talking so he wouldn't figure out your thoughts. But Terushima wasn't stupid. He knew something was up and it made him felt worried. But he decided to let you be and bid goodbye before heading home. As you made your way towards your room you felt a small pain piercing at your heart. An image of Terushima's smiling face flashed through your mind and a smile slowly crept on your face.

"He's an idiot," you softly chuckled to yourself. As you head into the showers, the words that Saruyi said crawled at the back of your mind. But you only refused to agree to any of it because you simply knew Terushima did not feel the same way towards you.

●●●

As you made your way to school the next day with Terushima, he was stopped by the school's popular girl, Aiya. She had asked to speak to him alone. Terushima looked back at you to get some sort of expression but you only gave him and Aiya a cheerful smile before excusing yourself. He then thought back and reminded himself that his dreams of you ever liking him back was never real.

You made your way towards your class and took your seat. You were feeling down for some odd reasons and when Saruyi made it to class she knew immediately. She quickly headed towards you and hammered your head again.

"AH! SARUYI!" you groaned in pain and glared at your best friend.

"I just saw Aiya-senpai and Terushima-kun on my way to class," she said taking her seat that was in front of yours. "Aren't you going to do something?"

You chuckled, "How many times-"

"(F/N)-chan, please don't make me punch you this time," she reminded you and grabbed ahold of your arm. There was still some time left before the morning bell, so Saruyi dragged you out and towards where Terushima was. Sadly, his figure was gone and so was Aiya's.

"Did you hear?" fellow students around you whispered. "Aiya-senpai is dating 2nd year Terushima from Class B."

And at that moment you felt the whole world crumbling down on you. Saruyi turned towards the students and asked to make sure of the information. She was told what had happened and before she knew it your figure was gone. Your footsteps took you away without knowing it. Your heart was aching in pain and you felt like disappearing from everyone. You made it to the infirmary room and hid inside. The nurse was your aunt so she allowed you to stay in for the day knowing what had happened. You didn't know why you were crying or hurt. It was your fault to begin with. If only you had told him maybe just maybe you wouldn't feel this much regret. It felt as though you were drowning in thin air and even grasping for some fresh air was hard for you. You ended up missing class and lunch. You felt you needed that time to prepare yourself before you head to club activities.