meet kirai, the person that lives inside me. (chapter one)

mika is basically looks like the front cover except she has both her eyes.. for now. ->

mika’s point of view.

i crawled out of the hole i made. i’m considered unwanted. i was cold, and hungry. i sat down. i was unwanted because kirai was inside of me. kirai is my friend. he was there for me, for everything. he helps me. i don’t see what’s wrong with that. kirai is my friend. a voice echoed through my mind.

morning kid. i don’t like being called ‘kid’. it’s too familiar.

 good morning kirai, did you sleep well? kirai is a demon but my friend.

someday, he said to me.

someday he will show me his true form. he assured me it wasn’t hideous like everyone said. he’s a nice demon.

i’m good. hungry though… i smiled.

we haven’t eaten for four days.

i know kirai, i know.

hurry up and get something to eat.

yes kirai. i stood up and brushed the dirt off my shirt. i had taken it from a washing line. i headed towards the village. i looked around. there wasn’t many stalls open. i walked to a dango stand. dango is kirai’s favourite.

“excuse me sir?” a plump man twirled around.

“yes hello dear custom… oh…” he frowned when he saw me.

“can i have a box of dango? they’re for kirai.” he spat on me.

filthy vermin, get away from my stall!” he hurled a stone.

get away!” i dodged a flying pebble.

“please sir, we’re hungry”

filthy vermin!” i snatched three dango boxes and ran i somehow managed to keep them warm and puffy while i climbed a tree.

hey look kirai! dango!

i know stupid girl, i was there.

but…

i don’t care, eat!

yes kirai, i munched a dango swallowing every last piece. i repeated until i finished one box. i hugged the dango boxes to my chest as i ran to my hole. i scrambled to get my bag. it was a leather bag. it contained my most precious possessions. but one was too big to fit in there so i wrappedit in bandages and strapped it to my back. i pulled out a necklace. it had a water-droplet shaped ruby that hung from a chain. next was a large pocket watch. i didn’t have time to go through the rest because it was finally time to move. i wanted to be eleven when i went to konohagakure, so i could be like other children. i shoved the dango boxes in the satchel and pulled out a map. it was new. almost. it was stained with blood. i plotted my route to konohagakure and began my journey. i was happy for a while. until i met someone. someone that was lying in a pool of blood. little did i know, it would be my ticket to konoha.