Chapter 25

•Zac p.o.v•

After everything settled down and Todd and Mackenzie left after Cameron, Ashley and I sat in her room, just cuddling.

It was dead silent. I looked down at her and saw her look back up at me. I put my head down and kissed her on the forehead. she moved up in my arms and kissed me on the lips. I loved this feeling of having Ashley in my arms. I felt like nothing would be able to hurt her when she was with me.

She rested her head on my chest.

"You know, you never told me what you did softmore year." she said.

Out of everything there was to talk about, why did she have to pick this one? I still feel the guilt to this day, but I couldn't be mad at her; she didn't know.

"Do you still want to know?" I asked her.

"Only if you want to tell." She said, her head still on my chest.

"I could hear your heart beat." she said. I couldn't help but smile. this girl made me so happy that I could even imagine not being able to smile again.

"Well, it all started when I met John Smith in 8th grade. we were bestfriends from the start." I began. "We were in 10th grade now so we thought that it would be cool to steal a car, right? do some crazy things like you are so post to do as a teenager."

I could feel the guilt return. I also felt like I was going to shed a tear, but I fought the feeling to cry. there was know way I was going to let Ashley see me cry after how tuff I just made myself look tonight.

"So, we stole a car." I continued. "we were stupid and didn't have a license yet though, so we didn't now how to drive well. It was my turn to drive and I wanted to be daring, so I drove at 95 miles per hour. it was night and... and I didn't see the turn up ahead. I hit a telephone pole." I stopped.

Ashley lifted her head from my chest and looked at me in shock.

"It was bad. I tootled the car, and john and I were sent to the hospital. I broke my left arm, 3 ribs, got a concussion, and had a black eye." I said.

"Oh my god. You where lucky to be alive." Ashley said in shock, "what about john?" she asked.

"John. well... john..." guilt was all over my body now, "John broke his neck, 5 ribs, and both of his arms. he broke his neck the worst though. he was alive when we made it to the hospital so they did emergency surgery on his neck to try and put the bone back in place. in the middle of the surgery, john passed away. when he the surgery began, he was only barely alive, so he had a low chance of living a normal life after he broke his neck if he lived."

Ashley whipped her hand across my check. that's when I realized that I had tears running down my checks.

"I still feel guilty to this day. After that I realized that life was shorter then I thought so I just did anything that I wanted all of the rest of softmore year an into junior year. I didn't care about anything, just having fun." I added. "that's how I got the reputation of being a bad boy." I ended my story.

"It's okay." Ashley said, "you are lucky that you lived and you and John didn't pass away." she tried to comfort me. "you are a survivor."

"Thanks." I said. I didn't feel anymore tears run down my face, "you're right."

"About what?" she asked.

"I am lucky. If I did die, then I wouldn't be able to be here with you." I looked down at her.

This was the closest Ashley and I have ever been with each other. To tell you the truth, I kind of liked it.

Ashley smiled. "can I ask you a question?"

"Ya." I said. to be honest, I was kind or worried that she would ask me another question about john I just hated talking about that topic, because it always made me feel the guilt from that day.

"Why do you love me?" she asked.

This was a no brainer, "I love you because of your smile. your eyes. Your lips. your hair. your voice. your laugh. your hands. your smirk. your teasing. your humor. your weird faces. the way you walk. the way you say my name. the way you look. the way you talk. your signing. your dance. Your body. your everything." I said softly.

Ashley just looked at me and smiled.

"Do you mean all of that?" she asked sounding a little shocked.

"Every single word." I muttered.

Ashley lifted her self off of the side if my body.

"Where are you going?" I asked her as she got up off the bed.

"Tomorrow's Sunday right?" she asked me as she walked over to her calendar.

"Ya, why?" I asked.

"Well, I'm not busy and there is a carnival tomorrow night." she said.

"What, do you wanna go?" I asked getting up and walking to her.

"Ya. me, you, Mackenzie, and todd. it would be really fun." she said.

I rapped my hands around her waist, "lets do it." I said softly.

"Mind if I stay the night?" I asked her.

"Actually I do mind." she said.

I looked at her in shock.

"Oh." I said a bit bummed.

She laughed. "you're so gullible. Of course you could stay."

"Your crazy." I whispered into her ear before pulling her into a kiss.

All of my anger from Cameron and sadness from john just left my body as our lips moved in sync.

That's when I realized that I was meant to be happy. I was meant to be here. I was meant to be with Ashley.