Chapter 14

•Ashley p.o.v•

Zac and I just stood there while everybody just starred at us.

"How about we let you guys have a minute." my mom said getting everybody out of the room except from me, Todd, and zac.

There was an awkward silence until Todd walked up to the front door and opened it.

"TODD!" I yelled following him out of the house. I could hear Zac's footsteps following me from behind.

Todd stopped and just looked at me, hurt written all over his face.

"How could you?" he asked me.

"It's.. I just... I..." I looked at Todd he moved closer to me, our foreheads almost touching now.

"Todd, listen it was my fault, so don't be mad at her." Zac said breaking us apart and coming I between us.

"I thought you were my bestfriend, Zac! Now look what you did, you ruined our friendship and my relationship with Ashley!" Todd yelled in Zac's face.

I just stood there in shock.

"I am your bestfroend!" Zac yelled back.

"No, you were my bestfriend." Todd said softly this time.

"And you were a good friend before you dropped me for a girl." Zac said to Todd thinking I didn't hear, but i did.

That crossed the line.

Todd turned around and punch Zac right in the face. Zac fell to the ground because of how hard Todd punched him.

"She's not just a girl, and we wouldn't be here in the first place if you didn't kiss her." Todd said dryly.

"Todd!" I said running up to him, leaving Zac on the ground. I still can't believe he called me just some 'girl', and to think, i almost fell in love with him.

"Ashley, I have nothing to say." Todd said stopping, looking at me.

"Todd." I softly said.

"By seeing you two kiss, it felt like somebody just ripped my heart out of my chest and stomped in it a million times in front of me." I have never seen Todd this sad before.

"I know it's jus-" before I could finish Todd cut me off.

"Why?" he asked.

"What?" I asked him.

"Why did you kiss him back? Ya he might of kissed you, but why did you kiss him back?" me and Todd were really close again.

"To be honest, I don't know why. it just happened." I could feel my eyes fill with tears.

"Ashley." Todd said wiping a tear off my face as it streamed down my check.

"I'm so confused todd." I whispered, "I'm confused and full of guilt. I have know idea what to do because I ruined our relationship and your friendship with zac. I'm so selfish." I confessed.

"Ashley, you're 17. If their is anytime to be selfish it's now." Todd said moving closer to me.

"But I hurt the person I love." I said letting more tears stream down my face.

"That's what hurts the most. knowing that you love me, but letting you go." Todd said taking a small step back.

"What are you talking about?" I asked confused.

"I think we should break up." Todd said. "ashley, it's the best thing right now, and maybe we could be friends again and end up dating in the future if it's really meant to be. But right now I need to think about a few things, okay?" Todd said before kissing my check.

"I will always love you." Was all he said before walking home.

I let the tears flow down my face. I heard a noise and turned around to see Zac walking towards me with his hand on his jaw.

"It's okay." he said.

"Just leave me alone Zac. I'm done with you, with Todd, with love." I cried. "To you I'm just some girl so it's fine right?"

"Ashley. your not some girl! I just thought it was a stupid reason to break up a friendship." Zac stepped closer to me, just like Todd did before.

I stepped closer to him, taking his hand and closing it.

I took a step back and said, "you can leave now."

Zac opened his hand to see the necklace he gave me not even 20 minutes ago. Then, he closed his hand again, and walked home without saying a word.