Chapter 11

•Zac's p.o.v•

I was outside by the pool again, trying to convince myself that I didn't love ashley. that's is the hardest thing you know, lieing to yourself to make the truth disappear.

I heard the sliding doors open and close. I didn't look back to see who it was because at this point, I was freezing and didn't care. I just wanted to go home.

I felt a hand touch my shoulder. I turned my head to the right and looked up to see Ashley.

she sat down and said softly, " listen, we need to talk."

I just looked back at the water, not saying a word back to ashley.

There was an awkward silence so I finally said, "I'm sorry."

I could feel Ashley looking at me. I looked at her and noticed that she looked tired. I knew right away that it was from what her and Todd did in the bed room.

She bit her bottom lip, "I'm sorry too." she confessed softly.

I looked at her confused, "i kissed you though."

"Is it bad that I wanted you too?" Ashley wasn't looking at me anymore, she was looking at the crystal clear water in the pool.

She finally noticed that I was starring a her, so she looked at me.

"But..." I rubbed my eyes; I was so confused right now, " don't you like todd?"

She looked away and then back at me again, "I don't know how I feel right now. it's like a war in my head." I saw her eyes water up. "when I'm with you I feel so different then I do with todd."

"How do you feel different around me ashley?! you obviously don't feel anything for me if your dating todd, so stop lieing to me and yourself!" I just snapped.

Her eyes were so filled with tears now that I was just waiting for them to over flow her bottom eye lid, and run down her beautiful face.

I moved closer to her. As I did so, that first tear fell, and I felt my heart drop. I didn't mean to yell at her like that.

I wiped the tear away and told her so softly that only she could hear even though nobody was around, "I didn't mean to snap."

She pulled away and looked into the other direction.

"Umm I'm just gonna go home." Ashley said getting up.

"Wait!" I said grabbing her arm.

"What? Zac, I just want to go. now, let me go before i scream and other people get involved." She walked towards the door.

"What about us?" I asked.

"There was never an us Zac!" She yelled, "we were only friends."

"Were?" I asked.

"Ya were as in pass tense." she turned her back towards me.

"Ashley,please?" I said softly grabbing her arm. I could feel the tension radiating off of her body.

She pulled away without saying anything, And that's when I saw the girl I loved walk away. i thought about chasing after her, but didn't because she was already in Todd's arms by the time I was half way inside.

Who knew one kiss could ruin a friendship?