Pokémon Go

Pokémon go, the latest app craze that is sweeping the world. There have been a lot of mixed reviews about it- from it being God's gift to gamers all the way to the worst thing to ever happen to the children- and let's face it, adults too- of today's generation.

But I come to you, with a different way of looking at it.

Pokémon Go is great for people with anxiety. If you suffer from anxiety, you know that going out of the house and going on a journey can be very daunting. With the effects of anxiety often making you physically unwell, it's something that a lot of people with anxiety tend to avoid.

One of the biggest hurdles with anxiety is the thoughts that race through our heads as we leave the house. The more time between planning a journey and taking it, the worse it gets.

Pokémon Go requires you to go outside and walk around to play. My first thought, as someone who battles with anxiety, is that this is the most horrible game ever- it needs me -ME- to go outside and walk around.

And then I started playing it. Gradually walking father and father around town, and I released something.

The immediate nature of the game doesn't let me have time to get anxious! Couple that with the instant walking= reward system and you have the perfect game to help people with anxiety!

You can play in silence if you choose to, but you also have something to talk about if you happen across another player. The conversation doesn't have to be forced, awkward of rehearsed, because the nature of the conversation has already been established- everyone is just having fun, playing a game!

I must confess that If it wasn't for my boyfriend's complete excitement over this game I would not have downloaded it. But I'm urging everyone I meet who has anxiety, or needs motivation to go on a short walk regularly- you need this game in your life!

Do you play it?!

Go team INSTINCT!