Chapter 63 - Replaced by a soulless monster

I was resting my head on the bar and hugging a bottle of whiskey with my hands. I thought that coming back to New Orleans would be a little happier experience, but it just made me feel even worse. It even got me thinking that with turning of my humanity again caused me some brain damage or something like that. Some moments I didn't feel anything, but some others... The pain and sadness... It all fought it's way back. And that when people in New Orleans saw a giant black wolf with emerald green eyes, hiding in the shadows on the streets. That was the only way to feel nothing again.  

A week passed since I left Mystic Falls. In a way going out of town also felt good. Even if I couldn't stop thinking about Klaus and how I left him. The emotions that I was feeling were confusing me. I thought I hated him, but sometimes I still missed him. I missed the way he smiled when I said something stupid, I missed the way he didn't judge me for being a monster, I missed the way he kissed me and said that he loved me. I even missed that cocky English accent.  

Bah, stupid loneliness...  

That was when the phone in my pocket rang again. I sighed and then slowly pulled it out. In the past days it was ringing all the time, but I really didn't feel like answering. And now I was feeling so bored and I really had nothing better to do, so I decided to see who was calling me and sending me texts for that whole time.  

My eyes slightly widened at the sight of the numbers on the phone. 20 texts and 49 missed calls? Man, someone was way to persistent... At first I checked the numbers that called me and instantly sighed again. How was it possible that 30 of the 49 calls were only from Lucy? I scrolled through the numbers and noticed three calls from Rebekah, three from Caroline, one from Stefan, one from Tyler and one from...  

I narrowed my eyes with confusion.  

Elena? What the heck could she want? 

I frowned even more and then went to the texts. Again, 20 of them were only from Lucy... The first five were asking me just where I was. Then the next five were her mad because she found out that I left. Then the other five were asking me again where I was and the last five, telling that I had to call her as soon as I'll have time, because she needed to talk to me and it was really important.  

I was staring at the phone for a few seconds and then shrugged. '' Maybe later, Lucy. ''  

After the huge number of Lucy's texts appeared others from Rebekah, also saying that she needed to talk to me and that it was urgent. Then there were some concerned ones from Caroline and another from...  

Okay, what the heck could Elena want?! Wasn't she the one that always kept telling me what a monster I was and similar shit? I slowly opened the text and got even more confused when I read what did she write to me.  

I need to talk to you. I know that you hate me, but I need help with getting rid of Stefan and Demon and finding someone. No one in Mystic Falls wants to help me, because they all want me to turn my humanity back on.

Hmm... That sounded kind of interesting. I guessed that I probably missed a lot of the usual drama that was going on in Mystic Falls. And Elena turned of her humanity, wanted to leave both of my brothers and find someone? That was something that I didn't expect, different from her last sentence, saying that everyone in Mystic Falls wanted her humanity to come back. People like Caroline, Stefan, Damon, Bonnie and similar ones cared about shit like that way to much.  

But still... Meaby Elena did get a little cooler and less annoying without her humanity, but did she really think that I was going to help her just like that? After all she did?  

And yes, I was one of those people that usually held a grudge for a while.  

I quickly wrote her back.