Chapter 43 - Connor's death

I was standing on a trash can and looking through a window of the grill. It looked like Connor caught Matt, April and Jeremy inside and now he didn't want to let them out. He was currently holding a crossbow in his hands, prepared to shoot.  

'' What are you doing? '' I suddenly heard behind me.  

I jumped in the air with surprise and ended up on the ground next to the trash. I was rubbing my head and moaning. '' Stefan. You know that I hate when someone sneaks up behind me. ''  

Stefan rolled his eyes. '' I didn't sneak up behind you. You were just to concentrated in that window to hear me loudly stepping closer. ''  

'' Whatever. '' I stood up again and sighed. '' Okay, so that's what's going on. There's Connor, Jeremy, Matt and April. The girl doesn't know about vampires, right? ''  

Stefan seriously shook his head. '' No. ''  

'' Then you take her out and compel her to forget about everything that she heard or saw. I'll take care fo the rest. You talked to Damon and Elena? '' I turned to him.  

He narrowed his eyes. '' Yes I did. Damon is currently lying on the ground in the middle of the living room with a wooden stake in his heart. ''  

A grin appeared on my face. '' Badass Stefan. Okay, but enough talking. Let's go. Before someone else shows up and tries to kill Connor. Then it'll be by by cure. ''  

Stefan nodded.  

We walked to the entrance. There we waited for another second. Then I raised my feet and kicked down the door. The next second Stefan already speed inside and grabbed April. Connor pulled out a gun from somewhere. I narrowed my eyes, confused, when I noticed how he wrapped Jeremy's fingers around it and started shooting. But I didn't have time to think about that. I speed closer, grabbing a table and placing it in front of me, so the bullets were rebouncing away and letting Stefan and April escape. Then I squatted down behind the bar.  

'' Little hybrid, come out or I'll kill your friends! '' Connor yelled.  

'' Who? My friends? This two? Please, I couldn't care less about them, '' I said, standing up and leaning on the bar with my arms. I looked to Matt that hid behind two tables between the shooting and then Jeremy. Connor was holding his neck and he just placed a dagger next to it.  

He tossed his head on one side. '' Are you sure? Because you know that I'll kill them. ''  

I shrugged, smiling. '' Oh, I just need you alive. You can kill them if you want. '' Connor raised his gun again and shot at me. I quickly moved. '' Missed. '' He shoot another couple of times. I was moving to fast. Suddenly I stopped just a couple of meters behind him. '' Now you are just wasting bullets man, '' I said and grinned.  

'' You need me alive? '' he asked, narrowing his eyes. '' Why? ''  

'' I think that you know that your little invisible tattoo's the reason, '' I replied and leaned on the wall.  

'' The cure. The hybrid is looking for the cure. ''  

I smiled. '' Ding ding ding. You thought that he kept you alive just because of his generosity? '' I laughed. Just mentioning Klaus and generosity in the same sentence was weird.  

I looked to Matt and gestured to the door. He slowly started moving in that direction. Then I turned back to Connor that was still holding Jeremy. Matt just escaped from the grill, it was one less problem that I had to worry about, when suddenly someone else appeared. Elena.  

I stared at her, stopping on the other side of Connor. '' What the hell are you doing here? ''  

'' You were planning to leave my brother die?! '' she yelled back.