Chapter 24 - A quick escape to New York with Kol

I turned to the other side of the bed, slowly opening my eyes. Then I suddenly screamed with shock, jumped back and almost fell to the ground. I crawled away from the covers, staring at an amused Kol with anger. '' You really had to do this? '' I murmured, already annoyed.  

'' Of course, sweetheart. I couldn't miss this face. And I wanted to make sure to be the first one to wish you happy birthday, '' he replied, still smiling.  

'' Oh, it really has been 150 years already... '' I thoughtfully said. 

'' You sound like you aren't 900 years younger then me, love, '' he replied, frowning.  

I giggled and flashed a grin in his direction. '' So have any special plans for today, gran-daddy Kol? '' 

He rolled his eyes. '' Come on, love. I promised dear Rebekah to keep you busy through the day. She rented the grill and I think that there will be a lot of people waiting you once we get back. But what do you say about a quick escape to New York before that? '' He turned to me and smirked, with his black eyes shining.  

I jumped of the bed and started dancing up and down with joy. '' You know that I won't miss a chance to get out of this shit town! ''  

'' I knew you will say that, '' Kol replied, looking satisfied with my reaction.  

'' Okay, just wait for me to dress... '' I said, slowly looking down to my clothes. Was I really jumping up and down, dressed only in my underwear and an over-sized black T-shirt? I turned to Kol that looked even more amused then before. '' Perv, '' I muttered. 

Kol grinned, his naughty black eyes shined. '' I prefer women with bigger boobs. ''  

My eye twitched, then I looked at him and pushed him out of the room. '' I don't know what I put up with you, '' I said, rolling my eyes.  

He laughed. '' You know that you like me. ''  

I noticed Tyler/Klaus just walking down the corridor, giving us just a look saying 'you better behave well in New York' and disappearing down the stairs.  

I quickly put on a black coat, tight leggings and my boots, styled my dark brown hair and speed to my black Ferrari, parked in front of the Mikaelson mansion. Kol was already waiting me there, searching through the stuff under the driver's seat.  

'' What are you doing? '' I asked, placing myself next to him.  

'' Oh, I'm looking what interesting things you have down here. '' He raised one hand with three blood bags and another with a still closed bottle of alcohol. He turned to me, trying to stop smiling.  

I shrugged, putting my sunglasses from the 70's on my face. I laughed. '' A girl has to be prepared. ''  

***

It was refreshing, coming to New York. There was just snowing and there were Christmas decorations everywhere. I was walking down Central park with Kol. I was so enjoying the weird looks that everyone was giving us. Of course, two beautiful, perfect creatures between the worthless, ugly humans. Okay, that maybe sounded a little to arrogant.  

It was much colder in New York too then in Mystic Falls too. I was so sad that I forgot my scarf at home.  

Kol turned at me and smiled. '' So what do you want to do first, love? Shopping? Go to the Statue of Liberty? Find something to eat? Get drunk? ''  

'' We can go to Midnight? '' I suggested. Midnight was a popular bar in New York. But it was special because it was full of vampires and other supernatural creatures.  

'' It's been quite a lot of time since my last visit. I think that people should see that I'm alive again. Let's go, my darling, '' he said, smirking.