Chapter 14 - The 1920s Decade Dance

Rebekah did a really good job at organising the dance. It turned out great. Everyone was dressed in the clothes that we used to wear in the 20's, people were dancing and having fun. I was sitting at the bar, looking pretty much just completely lost, while staring somewhere in front of me with an empty expression on my face. I attracted quite a few looks and many people asked me if I wanted to dance with them, but I said no to every single one of them.  

I was happy for Rebekah. She was dancing with Matt. Everyone could see how much did she like him and that he meant a lot to her. She was smiling widely, her blue eyes were shining. At first I thought that Matt was just something to keep her busy for a while, but she actually really liked him.  

On the other side of the dance floor there were Tyler and Caroline, dancing under the stars. Tyler already came to me before and gave me a friendly hybrid hug, telling me that I'm the best vampire he ever met. That was certainly a new thing that I've never heard before. I've been called a lot of things, like the meanest vampire, the most evil one, the most heartless one and others like that, but never the 'best. 

Bonnie also showed up with a guy that I didn't know. Caroline told me that his name was Jamie.

Doppelganger bitch was also here, avoiding me the whole night, like my bunny drinking brother Steffie, but I didn't care. If you asked me it was actually better this way. I didn't feel like looking to either one of them right now.  

'' Sitting here, all alone, love? ''  

Okay, he was someone I didn't expect to show up.

I slowly turned around to face him. 

Klaus was standing behind me, dressed in a white suit with a rose in one of the pockets and a red tie. I had to say that he looked pretty amazing in it. His light brown hair was styled in the way he used to wear at that time. His hands were intertwined behind his back.

My eyes widened with shock when I saw him.

He looked satisfied with my reaction.  

Then I quickly focused again, frowned and turned away from him. '' You really had to show up? '' I muttered, staring at the drink in my hand. 

'' I couldn't miss it. 20s weren't so bad of a time. ''  

I sighed, a slight smile slowly appearing on my face. '' Yeah, I kind of miss them. The 20s were fun. '' Then I heard how Klaus chuckled and narrowed my eyes, annoyed. '' Can you please stop laughing at me? ''  

'' I'm not laughing, '' he replied, trying to stay serious.  

I rolled my eyes. '' Can't you leave me alone and go... I don't know, find another girl that will fall for you and your compliments? It takes much more to win me then just a sexy British accent. ''  

'' Oh, so you like the way I talk, love? '' he asked trying to stay serious.  

'' I... '' I started. '' You... '' I narrowed my eyes for a second, furious that he caught me unprepared. Then my smile widened and I started laughing and I saw how was he smiling at me too. '' I can't believe it, '' I said and shook my head.  

I was staring at him for a while, still with a smile on my face. I couldn't help it but to remember how I used to love him once. How he was my whole world. I had to admit that we had some pretty good years together that weren't so bad. 

When we were together he was never alone and I was never alone. We were two completely different persons, I was weird, fierce and without my humanity most of the time, he was the hybrid, feared by everyone. But in a way... we were still perfect for each other. Somehow.