Chapter 1 - My new hybrid friend and his issues

It appeared that this was going to be a boring night. I was in a bar in Los Angeles, drinking whiskey and wondering how it all got so worthless. The world used to be interesting, full of excitements. After being a vampire from 1864, seeing the world and doing it all I already thought that there was nothing for me left.  

My name is Alice Salvatore. I'm a vampire for more then 150 years now. Considering my age I didn't seem like a threat, but people were wrong when they thought that I wasn't dangerous. I was sneaky, evil and I used every source to get to my goal.  

Maybe this was the reason I was such a great friend of Katherine Pierce. She was also the one that turned me in to a vampire. I haven't seen her for a couple of years now. I was wondering what was she up to. She was probably terrorising someone somewhere.  

By the time I met Katherine I was still living in Mystic Falls with my two brothers. Stefan and Damon. I knew that Katherine turned them in to vampires, but they had no idea that she did the same thing with me too. They thought I died long ago. And I never went to look for them. They both turned their back on me and I never forgave them that. 

I had some pretty interesting years and I got quite of a reputation. I never had many vampire friends besides Katherine, just Lisa, that was turned in the same century as Katherine and some others. I was quite known for picking fights with werewolves. It was almost amazing how I always decided to visit a town that turned out to have them. Werewolves were strong and dangerous because their bite could kill me, but I always managed to save myself.  

I was quite strange as a vampire. I was just a meter and fifty-five centimetres tall and deathly pale. My hair was long to my waist, dark brown and wavy in a pretty way. I had big and round eyes, surrounded by long eyelashes and in a completely green colour. I was always dressed in black, it helped me look more dangerous, even if most of the people noticed just my pretty face. Tonight I was wearing a black corset, tight black jeans and high heels.  

I was taking sips of my whiskey, yeah, keeping it old style, when I suddenly stopped and slowly raised my head. I frowned. How couldn't I recognise the tremendous werewolf smell. Our specie and theirs was always known for hating each other. Maybe it was all just because we had to smell how much do each other stink.  

The werewolf was tall and muscular, with short dark brown hair and dark eyes. He was wearing a black coat.  

He sat on the bar stool next to me, ordering a glass of vodka.  

I was staring at him with curiosity. A couple of weeks passed since the last time I met a werewolf. 

He looked to me and his eyes flashed through my figure. '' Vampire? '' he quietly asked.  

I smirked. '' Guessed right, wolfie. I smelled you before you walked out of your car. What is the deal with werewolves that you always stink so bad? Your scent is a little bit different, but still repulsive. '' I slowly shook my head.  

'' Please, vamp. I'm not having the best day and ain't looking for a fight with a vampire right now, '' he replied and sighed, taking a sip of his drink.  

I grinned. '' What's wrong, wolfie? '' I was looking around. It was strange. It looked like he was alone. Werewolves were usually travelling in groups. At least I was used to meeting groups. Maybe it was just my bad luck? But that meant that there at least won't going to be troubles for tonight.  

'' I'm having troubles with a hybrid, '' he replied.  

My eyes widened with surprise. A hybrid? '' Who? ''  

He looked to me. '' You are a vamp. I'm sure that you already heard about a hybrid named Klaus, right? ''  

My face was expressionless.