Chapter 19 - Teaming up with Bonnie

I was sitting at the grill and staring somewhere in front of me with that empty expression on my face. Caroline and Tyler just sat down in front of me. They were the only two, except Rebekah that I really talked to.  

Caroline was staring at me with sadness. '' Hey. How are you doing? ''  

I slowly raised my head from my glass of whiskey. '' How does it look like I'm doing? ''  

'' Look, '' she slowly started, looking in to my eyes. '' I know that you and Klaus had a... thing. But it's going to get better. Slowly. You have the rest of eternity to forget him. ''  

'' I know that you mean well, but say something like that again and I will kill you, '' I said, my face was completely expressionless. Caroline didn't appeared to be hurt by my words. I turned to Tyler. '' Can I ask you something? ''  

His dark eyes were carefully staring at me. '' Yeah, sure. Anything you want. ''  

'' Why did Klaus change you in to a hybrid? '' I asked, thoughtfully looking at my drink.  

He seemed a little bit surprised by the question. Then he slowly started: '' It's complicated. Other then being the only werewolf in Mystic Falls still alive... I don't know. He was making hybrids that could help with protecting himself from enemies, but I think that it was more then that. He just didn't wanted to be alone. ''  

I froze, my eyes widened. Klaus just didn't wanted to be alone...  

Caroline noticed my expression and quickly looked to Tyler. '' Let's go baby. Alice needs some alone time. '' She pushed him up again and gave another stare to me. '' Well talk later again. ''  

Rebekah just appeared and sat down in front of me, with a beer in her hands. I raised my head and looked in to her sad blue eyes. '' What am I going to do? ''  

'' I know. But you gotta cheer up. He isn't really dead. Just his body is. ''  

'' Yeah, but he soon will be if Alaric finds him! '' I screamed.  

Rebekah was quiet for a second, thinking.  

It was a day after Klaus died. She had a similar reaction like me when I told her what happened. We put Klaus in a coffin and hid it so Alaric won't be able to find it. As my brothers and the doppelganger... I haven't even seen them. I had a thousand of messages from them on my phone but I ignored them all. Even if I hated them and everything I never left them alone. I was right there when they needed me, even if that meant risking my life. And then they went killing Klaus.  

Rebekah figured out what I was thinking about. Her face was serious when she narrowed her eyes with anger. '' Don't worry about your brothers and the doppelganger bitch. They'll pay. The Bennett witch will too... ''  

I shook my head. '' No. We need Bonnie alive. If she did the spell she can undo it. '' I slowly raised my head, looking at Rebekah. She figured out what I thought and smiled.  

'' Oh, I'm so looking forward to this. I've been itching for a fight the whole day, '' Rebekah replied, smirking back at me.  

***

We stormed inside the house, I came from one direction, Rebekah from another. We reached Bonnie at the same time, pushing her against the wall and grabbed each of her hands so she couldn't use her weird witch powers.  

She was staring at us. '' Rebekah? Alice? What are you doing here? '' Here black eyes were suspicious.  

'' We just came here to... '' Rebekah started and looked to me.  

I grinned and finished her sentence: '' ... Have a civilised conversation with you. ''  

Bonnie raised her eyebrows with doubt. '' Civilised...? Seriously? ''