Chapter 18 - Klaus's death

'' I am so going to kill you after it'll all be over, '' Damon yelled in to the phone.  

'' Hello to you too, brother, '' I said, looking to Bonnie that raised her head. We were still at the Salvatore Boarding house. I wasn't sure what was she waiting for.  

'' You possessed Elena's body and told Klaus to kidnap her! ''  

'' And kill her, '' I added, smiling.  

'' Well, I'm sorry but it isn't going to work, '' Damon replied with anger.  

I narrowed my eyes, confused. '' What? '' I gasped.  

'' We have a plan. And in involves Alaric's and Klaus's dead, '' Damon explained.  

I turned to Bonnie. She knew all along.  

But before I could speed to her and kill her she made me fly over the room and hit the wall on the other side. I screamed and ended up on the ground. Bonnie stood in the air. '' Sorry, Alice. We have to kill him. '' She murmured something with her hands, raised in my direction. Suddenly my body became so heavy and I could barely move. '' This'll stop you for five minutes. ''  

Bonnie was standing next to me, serious.  

'' If he dies, you die! '' I yelled, furious.  

Bonnie disappeared through the door. I kept screaming but she didn't turn back.  

I was catching my breath, lying on the ground. I tried to get up. It was like something was pushing me back to the ground. But I wasn't willen to give up like that. First, I slowly raised on my knees, holding me up with my hands. It was hard. My eyes were narrowed and I knew that I would collapse again, just if I will distract for a second.  

I started to slowly move to the door, staggering and catching balance by holding different objects. I was so mad to my brothers and the others. They were secretly planning to kill Klaus all along. Then I suddenly got scared, thinking that they might succeed. And I was worried because Rebekah was nowhere to be seen, even if I told her to come here half an hour ago.  

I was slowly moving in the direction of the Mikaelson mansion.

***

- 3rd person POV  

When Stefan, Damon and Bonnie arrived to the Mikaelson mansion they found Tyler, Klaus and Elena there. Tyler was sitting next to Elena on the sofa, Klaus was packing blood bags in a box.  

Stefan was standing at the door for a couple of seconds, his eyes were wide with shock.  

Klaus turned to them and slowly smiled in his best evil way. '' I'm afraid you are a little late. Dear Elena is almost dead. I'll kill her, just wait me finish. ''  

That was when Damon also appeared and him and Stefan pushed Klaus to the wall. He was surprised for the first second, then his blue eyes narrowed with anger. He almost saved himself when Bonnie walked in to the room. She had one arm raised in Klaus's direction. She pushed him back to the wall with her power again and started murmuring a spell.  

Stefan noticed how Klaus's eyes widened with shock. He recognized the spell and he feared that it could stop him.  

Bonnie was getting closer. Then she stopped in front of Klaus with his hands raised in his direction.  

Stefan and Damon were still holding him, now easily. The veins on Klaus's body stated popping out. It looked like his skin was covered with black lines, just like Bonnie's.  

Stefan looked shocked that this was actually making Klaus's body defenceless.  

Klaus's eyes widened even more. There were shock, pain and fear in them. The spell was almost over.  

Stefan couldn't help it but to remember how he met him for the first time. It was in the 20's, the time when he was without his humanity. He feel in love with Rebekah and he was best friends with Klaus. Then Klaus compelled him to forget that they ever met. He was shocked when Klaus made him remember again. How could he possible be friends with a creature like him?  

But Rebekah... She was a whole other story. And Stefan preferred not to think what will she do when she'll find out about this. 

Then Stefan heard something.  

It was his sister's scream.

***

I was standing at the door to the living room in the Mikaelson mansion, supporting myself by leaning on a table. '' No! '' I was screaming with pain and sadness. Tears were falling down my cheeks. I couldn't stand to watch Klaus. My brother holding him, Bonnie making doing the spell that'll turn his blood in to stone.  

My eyes were staring in to Klaus's. He was staring back at me with tears in his.  

'' No! '' I cried again, staggering closer. I would fall on the ground but Tyler quickly rushed to me and cought me. '' Klaus! No! '' I felt like I was slowly braking in to pieces. My humanity, coming back, pushing me over the edge. I was loosing him. The only person that was worth living for. He was really dying. Leaving me.  

This can't be real.  

I stared in to black lines on Klaus's body, his blue eyes. Tyler was holding me so I couldn't rush to him and broke the spell. I was still feeling weak because of what Bonnie did to me. So there was nothing I could do but cry and scream with pain, endless pain that came back with my humanity.  

Bonnie slowly lowered her hands again.  

'' It's done. ''  

Damon quickly moved away from Klaus, walking to a shocked Elena and holding her. Stefan slowly placed Klaus to the ground. '' Klaus! '' I yelled, desperate.  

I slipped away from Tyler and rushed to Klaus. I stopped in front of him. My eyes widened. Then I collapsed on my knees and buried my face in to my hands. I started crying again.  

'' Alice... '' I heard Stefan start.  

'' Go, '' I whispered. '' I can't even look at your face. ''  

'' Alice, '' Damon said.  

I turned, showing my fangs and eyes, surrounded by black lines. '' Go! You've done enough! '' I screamed, with tears falling down my face. '' You'll pay for this. I can promise you that you'll pay for this, '' I hissed.  

Then I turned away from them and stared in to Klaus. I slowly caressed his cheek, covered with black lines. Then I burst in to crying again, holding his numb hand.  

Hopeless. I suddenly felt so hopeless. What will I do in a world without him? I knew that he wasn't really dead, it was just his body. But still. He was gone, his smile was gone, the way he was looking at me, the way I was looking back at him, smiling.  

I felt so empty. If a piece of me died when I left Klaus the first time, then the other one did now. Soon, there will be nothing left of me.