Chapter 52 - Taking care of Jeremiah

'' Jeremiah! '' I slowly yelled, walking through the door of the Salvatore Boarding house. I stopped in the middle of the living room for a second, looking around with sadness. It seemed like so much time since I was in here for the last time, sitting on the sofa, drinking blood and mocking Dam-Dam and Steffie.  

I blinked and shook my head. No. I didn't want to think about that.  

'' Jeremiah! '' I screamed again, going down the stairs that were leading to the cell of the Salvatore house. I slowly grinned. '' Guess who's going to be your nanny for the next couple of days? ''  

I looked through the small opening on the door of the cell, Jeremy was staring back at me. I never actually talked with him, but the way he looked like Elena was enough for me to leave him alone.  

'' You? '' he slowly asked, frowning. '' Stefan called you? ''  

The smile disappeared from my face. '' Yup, I know. I'm just as depressed as you are. But someone here has to do the heavy jobs, don't you think? Now look, here's the deal. I hate your sister and if you are anything like her I'm probably going to hate you to. '' I looked around and grinned. '' Oh, what am I saying. Obviously you are a lot like here considering that neither one can't take care of themselves even when they become a vampire or some kind of freaky hunter. ''  

'' Take care of myself? What do you want me to do? '' he snapped back, frowning.  

I stared in to his dark eyes. '' You could accept who you are, go out and find vampires on your own. But no... '' I rolled my eyes, raising my voice and trying to imitate the way a Gilbert would sound: '' I don't wanna kill! I don't wanna become a monster! A blah blah blah... '' I rolled my eyes again and sighed.  

'' But it's true, '' Jeremy said. '' I don't wanna kill because I don't wanna become a monster. ''  

Hopeless... This guy was just as hopeless as Elena.  

I stared in to his dark eyes. '' Okay, Jeremiah. I don't wanna hang out down here the whole day so here is how it's going to go, '' I compelled him. '' We are going to go up and you are going to behave nicely and don't go all 'I'm going to kill you' on me. I'll find other vampires for you to kill. Understand, Gilbert? ''  

He slowly nodded, staring back in to my eyes.  

I sighed, bored and slowly opened the door.  

The next second he already pushed it at me. I staggered for a couple of steps away. Jeremy punched me in the face and threw me to the wall behind me.  

I ended up on the ground, gasping with surprise. '' What the fucking fuck... '' I slowly murmured, confused.  

'' I guess that now I can't be compelled anymore, '' Jeremy said, slowly approaching.  

I frowned, narrowing my eyes with anger. '' I wish Stefan would've mention that, '' I hissed and got up again.  

I was staring at the wooden stake in Jeremy's hand. Where did he even get that? Nevermind... I looked up in to his dark eyes again. '' I knew that I would hate you. You Gilberts are just so annoying and worthless. Well, you actually aren't completely worthless, you know, because of the hunter's mark but you are still annoying. '' I took a deep breath and concentrated. '' That's why I'm going to show you what fighting really means, Jeremiah. You better prepare. That wooden stick won't stop someone like me. ''  

That was when I jumped in to his direction and easily transformed in to a giant black wolf, growling and showing my teeth at Jeremy.

***

I was sitting on the sofa, flipping through the pages of Stefan's diary and nodding with my head in the rhythm of a song that was coming from the radio. Reading Stefan's diary was one of the most popular hobbies around here. Well, right after taking care of Elena and trying to kill Klaus.